Easy Office
Easy Office

The important things in life

Page no : 2

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26263 Points)
Replied 04 August 2011

Originally posted by : Sunshine...

A philosophy professor stood before his class with some items on the table in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks, about 2 inches in diameter.

He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The sand is everything else. The small stuff.”

“If you put the sand into the jar first,” he continued “there is no room for the pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life.

If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take your partner out dancing. There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party and fix the disposal.

Take care of the rocks first – the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.”

For the irst time I noticed that the philosopher was a kind man.

Otherwise philosophers ( not the Saints ) never advise in simple language  to the common public. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the last part of the post; I wish to comment : ( humour )

Play with your children : I do it daily. Hope you agree with me. If you don't agree; some witness are there. 

Take your partner out dancing : She dislikes and I can't dance. My children have joined GARBA classes. If I join with them; they will also dislike it. 

There will always be time to go to work - Ask a professinal whether the available time is sufficient to complete the work. ,

clean the house - Ab yahi baaki raha hai ......

give a dinner party - Kis Hotel me ? Kharcha kaun karega ?

and

"fix" the disposal - I have not disposed off your scrap at my profile page so far. Hence it is already FIXED right now !

Vijay (Adamo Studio) (2112 Points)
Replied 04 August 2011

Very nice post!!!!

Read it earlier but with some addition of water after sand

Very true message given!!!!

Resham (Carpe Diem !!!) (6535 Points)
Replied 04 August 2011

Extremely Necessary... The most important things are valued only after we lose them.... Don't undervalue them... Relish their company...Enrich your lives...!!!

CA Khushboo Agrawal (CA ) (1811 Points)
Replied 04 August 2011

very inspirational veeru...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: