Tds-traces top 10 q (part 2)

karan jit singh (Consultant) (1299 Points)

19 December 2012  

Q5.From which Assessment Year (AY) can I view my Form 26AS on TRACES?

A.You can view your Form 26AS in TRACES from AY 2009-10 onwards.

Q6.How do I activate my TRACES account after registration?

A.To activate your account in TRACES, click on the activation link sent to your registered email id and enter User Id and activation codes and submit.

Q7.What if I have not received the activation link and codes or if I have inadvertently deleted the mail / SMS?

A.If the 24 hours deadline to activate account has not passed, you can enter your TAN details in Step-1 of deductor registration form and submit. If it is verified that you have registered but not activated your account and if the 24 hours has not passed, system will display an alert asking if you want the activation link and codes to be re-sent. Click 'Ok' and the activation link and codes will be resent to your email id and mobile number.

Q8.How can I request for Form 16 / 16A?

A.Login to TRACES as deductor and submit download request for Form 16 / 16A under ‘Downloads’ tab. File will be available under ‘Requested Downloads’ in ‘Downloads’ tab.

Text file will be provided containing details of all requested PANs. User must convert this text file to PDF using ‘TRACES PDF Generation Utility’. This utility will convert the text file into individual PDFs for each PAN. Deductor can also opt to digitally sign the PDFs while converting.

Q9.How to apply for new TAN?

Application Procedure

• An applicant will fill Form 49B online and submit the form. Deductor may either make an online application through TIN (Tax Information Network) or submit physical TAN application to any TIN-Facilitation Center (TIN-FC) of NSDL

• If there are any errors, rectify and re-submit the form

• Confirmation screen with data filled by the applicant will be displayed

• Applicant may either edit or confirm the same

Acknowledgment

• On confirmation, an acknowledgment screen will be displayed. The acknowledgment consists of

• A unique 14-digit acknowledgment number

• Status of applicant

• Name of applicant

• Contact details (address, e-mail and telephone number)

• Payment details

• Space for signature

• Applicant shall save and print this acknowledgment

• Signature / left thumb impression should only be within the box provided in the acknowledgment. In case of applicants other than 'Individuals', authorised signatory shall sign the acknowledgment and affix appropriate seal or stamp

• Left hand thumb impression, if used, should be attested by a Magistrate or a Notary Public or Gazetted Officer, under official seal and stamp

Q10.Who is required to file e-TDS / e-TCS statement?

A.As per Income Tax Act, 1961, all corporate and government deductors / collectors are mandatorily required to file their TDS / TCS statements on electronic media (i.e. e-TDS / TCS statements). However, deductors / collectors other than corporate / government can file either in physical or in electronic form.