Easy Office
LCI Learning

Tds to deduct or not ?

Page no : 3

TRILOCHAN (SENIOR ACCOUNTANT) (698 Points)
Replied 29 July 2011

Dear All

Please see the Vinod K singhania Ready reckoner, Sec 194 C, It is clearly mentioned that if PAN No not provided by deductee , then rate is 20% ( without any limit)

Pls confirm.

Replied 29 July 2011

Dear All

please See MR VINOD K SINGHANIA READY RECKONER FOR A.Y 2011 -2012 PAGE NO A -323, PARA NO 159-6-1 OTHER POINTS point no (3)

Pls confirm

CA Navin Jain (MANAGER (FINANCE & ACCOUNTS))   (11768 Points)
Replied 30 July 2011

Dear All,

First i wold like you say that if TDS Provision is not applicable then no need to deduct tds.

In the case of Contractor Limit is Rs. 30000/ 75000,

If you paid the amount or credit the contractor account beyond the limit specified under sec 194 C , Than payer is liable to deduct tds, however if contractor not having the PAN no. then deduct the tds @ 20%.

@ TRILOCHAN

Mr. Triloachan you are also right about when you file the tds return and show the amount of Rs. 15000 and software deduct the tds @ 20% in the absence of the pan no.

Dear if you fill any amount in the software and you not provide the pan no. then software deduct the tds @ 20%, since software donot check the limit specified under sec. 194C automatically.

Jitender K. Jagya (Full time Job) (22 Points)
Replied 30 July 2011

If a company paying to a hotel of rs. 200,000/- on account of Boarding & Lodging of its MD, will it be liable to TDS ?

Replied 30 July 2011

Navin  Jain Sir.

Thank You Very Much,

Sir Please confirm me, When i talked with the TDS people of WEBTEL, They told me that, IN  CASE OF ABSENCE OF PAN , THE RATE IS  20% , EVEN  PAYMENT MADE/ BILL AMOUNT IS BELOW THE SPECIFIC LIMIT OF THE RESPECTIVE SECTIONS.

Regards

TRILOCHAN

Amol Gopal Kabra (CA,CS,DISA) (Practicing CA) (8539 Points)
Replied 30 July 2011

Wait till Rs. 75,000.00 limit is crossed.

Replied 30 July 2011

Dear Amol

fir webtel main kya kare.

please See MR VINOD K SINGHANIA READY RECKONER FOR A.Y 2011 -2012 PAGE NO A -323, PARA NO 159-6-1 OTHER POINTS point no (3)

Replied 30 July 2011

Originally posted by : TRILOCHAN

Navin  Jain Sir.

Thank You Very Much,

Sir Please confirm me, When i talked with the TDS people of WEBTEL, They told me that, IN  CASE OF ABSENCE OF PAN , THE RATE IS  20% , EVEN  PAYMENT MADE/ BILL AMOUNT IS BELOW THE SPECIFIC LIMIT OF THE RESPECTIVE SECTIONS.LEKIN NAVIN SIR AGAR SOFTWARE MAIN PAN NO PROVIDE KARDETE HAIN TO , JAB TAK SPECIFIED LIMIT TOUCH NAHI KARTA TAB TAK TDS NAHI KATTA, JAB PAN NO NHI DETE HAIN TO STARTING SE 20% KAT DETA HAI, YE AJAB KI SOFTWARE HAI NA.

Regards

TRILOCHAN

CA Navin Jain (MANAGER (FINANCE & ACCOUNTS))   (11768 Points)
Replied 30 July 2011

@ Trilochan, software bhi to insan hi banata hai.............in the my opnion still any technical  software is not made who compare the technical Knowldge of CA.

Replied 01 August 2011

Good Evening Navin Sir,

Sir Pls confirm me, As on 30.07.2011 the tax liability of an individual is Rs.11500/- after TDS.Due to Satur day he has not deposited the TAX Liability. On Monday that is 01.08.2011 he has deposited the Tax liability and going to file the ITR on 01.08.2011, Whether he is Liable to pay Interest U/s 234C and 234B, if 234B then 4months/5 months.

Waiting for your valued reply.

Regards

Trilochan

student (WORKING) (757 Points)
Replied 22 April 2012

this will be counted as a belated return b/c saturday is a hald day for banks everybody knows it. There is no genuine reason from the side of assessee as ill health etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: