EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE

TDS/ TCS Rate Chart Fy 10-11

Page no : 3

t.v.s.raghavan (PARTNER) (52 Points)
Replied 15 January 2011

Originally posted by : CA Navin Jain

THANKS FOR SHARING WITH US

I have a fixed deposit with a bank which is subject to TDS.The bank informed me (subsequently given a TDS certificate also) deducting only 10% without deducting education cess.On enquiry they told me that their H.O has directed them that only 10% need to be deducted & there is  no need to  deduct tax.Are banks exempted from deducting education cess or the TDS includes education cess also?I will be greatefull if can clarify.

S.Sureshkrishnan-Articled assistant

t.v.s.raghavan (PARTNER) (52 Points)
Replied 15 January 2011

Originally posted by : CA Navin Jain

THANKS FOR SHARING WITH US

I have a fixed deposit with a bank which is subject to TDS.The bank informed me (subsequently given a TDS certificate also) deducting only 10% without deducting education cess.On enquiry they told me that their H.O has directed them that only 10% need to be deducted & there is  no need to  deduct tax.Are banks exempted from deducting education cess or the TDS includes education cess also?I will be greatefull if you can clarify.

S.Sureshkrishnan-Articled assistant

vikash (CA & CWA Final) (64 Points)
Replied 28 January 2011

Very very thank Sir,               Who can collect the tcs what is the limit for collection of tcs?

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")   (114220 Points)
Replied 28 January 2011

Originally posted by : vikash

Very very thank Sir,               Who can collect the tcs what is the limit for collection of tcs?

All you want to know about TDS

See above article.

rakesh yadav (a) (26 Points)
Replied 08 February 2011

this is a very good

siva thunder (article student) (253 Points)
Replied 23 March 2011

sanjay sir.

for tds deduction in salaries basic salary or gross should be deducted for verifying thresold limit

santhosh (Student) (1174 Points)
Replied 30 March 2011

thank you sir, nice information......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: