EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE

Tds on bulk sms bill

Page no : 2

CA Mehul Chudasama (Chartered Accountant) (618 Points)
Replied 12 January 2016

As he say it's Marketing Company so definately it is sending SMS frequently

Sahil (NA) (159 Points)
Replied 13 January 2016

No. We have taken the Service of Bulk SMS for only once. And it is not for Monthly Basis. Please let me correct you Mehul it is not on periodic basis. and Our is ecommerce portal. Please tell me now whether tds has to be deducted or not???

Replied 13 January 2016

Final Answer Deduct TDS even if Single Payment Exceed Rs.30000 And During The Financial Year It Exceed Rs.75000. Suppose On 01/05/2015 You Are Paying Rs.85000 For Whole Year 2015-16 i.e for 01/04/2015 To 31/03/2016 better deduct TDS he is providing you service for whole year... or You are paying this money only for the month of May 2015 for sending whole month then alos deduct TDS because he is sending  SMS daily for whole month.

and as i say better to deduct TDS for Safe side rather then going into litigation at later stage.

Sahil (NA) (159 Points)
Replied 13 January 2016

Let me properly tell you that ours is e commerce portal and we have taken the service of Gupshup pvt ltd for bulk sms service. They have raised invoice with amt of Rs.36000 including service tax. Now do we have to deduct on this amount?? and in which section we have to deduct tds?? and They have raised invoice this month and i dont think they are gonna raise invoice anymore in this FY??? So Please resolve my query finally..

Replied 13 January 2016

Deduct TDS As Amount Exceeding Rs.30000 In Single Payment

Replied 13 January 2016

Section 194C amount Excluding Service Tax, Deduct TDS on That

Manoj BG (Tax Professional and in Service)   (1795 Points)
Replied 02 November 2016

No TDS. Its like any other telephone/internet bill and nature of service not covered by any of the TDS charging section.

Thanks and Regards,

Manoj

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: