TDS not shown in salary return by staff of CA Firm

Joshv (CA inter) (288 Points)

14 October 2009  

Hi, I approached my auditor to file salary return as usual every year i do. He assigned the work to his staff/students. I submitted my FORM 16 (which shows TDS Rs.5500 by which i need to get a refund of this as it is below tax liability for the AY 2010-11.

After one month, i collected one month acknolwedgement from CA Office and by going through, CA staff observed that they have not claimed refund by not showing TDS deducted more than income tax liability.

CA Staff dragging this issue saying that they , may be this was mistake happened only on acknolwedgement only and not on orginal copy of the ITR and are contacting the concerned person in IT department who will only available on Saturdays, to verify the same. Already one month over in this regard.

Through one of reliable friend of my brother in law in IT Department, i come to know that, CA staff did not claim TDS refund while preparing my salary return.

Please help me what to do further to claim my refund of Rs.5500/-. Should i approach another auditor to file a revised return or to rectify mistake?