EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE

TDS is no more Tedious

Page no : 3

Resham (Carpe Diem !!!) (6535 Points)
Replied 18 May 2011

Useful is the word... Really!!!

Glad to see study related post that too wid apt observations, good presentation, A good base for understanding... Topic too is good...!!!

Do keep sharing more... running out of time.. else wud have been able to reply better to this post!

1 Like

Nikhil Kothari (CEO at Sequinox Business Advisories)   (4671 Points)
Replied 18 May 2011

Excellent One..:-)

Worth sharing ...:-)

Thanks for sharing with us..:-)

1 Like

Vikas Gupta (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (16295 Points)
Replied 18 May 2011

Originally posted by : CA Navin Jain

Thanks a lot for sharing this useful info with us

gomatham kavya kalyani (Student) (65 Points)
Replied 18 May 2011

very useful information...

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com) (21063 Points)
Replied 18 May 2011

nice article, woth appreciation ................

like to add few comments 

as TDS returns need more attention then regular ITR, the person who is filing the TDS return must get enrich with laws and provisions, as there is no short cut to success.

We have seen members asking often for Excel sheet files for TDS even, which is the bye pass of their homework, and they dont like to work minimum even on the subject, and at the end they get pain for self as well as for the decuctees.

very scientific way the matter is explained, and useful for general TDS filing assesses,

Thanks for sharing. 

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")   (114220 Points)
Replied 18 May 2011

Now These Type of Posts Really Deserves Thanks and Appreciation....

All the finer points have been covered very nicely....

Also before entering challan data in TDS return always verify the challan details from NSDL website though it will also get checked vis .csi file.

Another point to remember...A must one..."ALWAYS PAY YOUR TDS IN TIME". Now a days notice for penalty proceedings are being issued u/s 221. This is the most demanding one. It says penalty to the extent of tax amount involved. Say TDS of Rs 5000/- deducted and deposited late along with interest. Still penalty u/s 221 can be imposed to the max of Rs 5000/-.

Very Nice Article Yogini, as is expected from a CA Final Student...Wish to see more articles like this....

2 Like

Tarika (Article.) (45 Points)
Replied 18 May 2011

Nice... helpful...

Accountant (professional) (182 Points)
Replied 18 May 2011

200%... agree..

(Guest)

excellent knowledge inputs on TDS..Thankyou..

Sir, A small clarification....

please give ur views about TDS credit by employee

- employer quotes wrong TAN while payment of TDS which reflects same in Form 16 given to employee

- employer quotes wrong PAN in Form 16..

*thankyou*

(Guest)
Originally posted by : rk_9144

excellent knowledge inputs on TDS..Thankyou..

Sir, A small clarification....

please give ur views about TDS credit by employee

- employer quotes wrong TAN while payment of TDS which reflects same in Form 16 given to employee

- employer quotes wrong PAN in Form 16..

*thankyou*

1) If wron TAN is quoted while making payment in challan then employer will not get the credit for payment of tax. It is similar as if You are depositing money in my account instead of your own account.

Only AO can chage the TAN. Also, bank can change the TAN on NSDL web site. You can approach Bank in writing. Even I have faced the same problem for Taxes paid for FY 07-08, but due to period close bank couldnt rectify the TAN on NSDL web site.

The only option remain is to follow up with AO & get your TAN rectified.

2) If employer quotes wrong PAN in form 16 then, the same can be rectified by issuing proper certificate. But if PAN is wrongly mentioned in return then, then employer will have to file correction statement with correct PAN. Otherwise employee will not get the credit for the same.

(Guest)

This is my first post in CCI. I was not expecting that I will get such huge response from every one.

Once again thank you so much.....

Santhosh Poojary (SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI) (15607 Points)
Replied 19 May 2011

@ yogini

Very Well clarification by  nice explanation .

Great work, Fabulous Article with tremendous useful information.

Keep Writing Such a remarkable Article.

priyanka k jain (Article clerk) (46 Points)
Replied 19 May 2011

hey yogini some r referring u as sir tell them u r not sir ....u r mam......:)

(Guest)

:D

I thought He is referring to Sanjay Sir..... thats I didnt commented on it....

(Guest)

Whether My name really sounds to be called "Sir".....? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: