Tds correction notice

vinayak (accountant) (255 Points)

05 June 2017  

I have filed Q4 of 24Q return for F.Y.2016-17. we are pvt limited company. We have deducted and paid TDS from April 16 to Sep 16 of one of our employee who resign the job in july 16. In Q4 return I have shown nil challan. I have filed return for Q1 and Q2 and mentioend TDs payments details in the said return. Now i have received notice from TDS deparetment to correct this statment " Challan Mismatch/Challan Overbooked/PAN Error have been identified in the preliminary check of Regular statement filed by you for Quarter Q4 of F.Y 2016-17 for Form 24Q for TAN ending with F. Your statement has been put on hold. You can apply online correction within 7 days to avoid potential defaults of Short Payment and PAN Error. In case you do not avail this opportunity the statement would be processed with TDS defaults on account of Challan Mismatch/Challan Overbooked/PAN Error. Justification Report & Consolidated TDS file will be available only after complete processing of TDS statement. "

please suggest me how can I solve this issue of correction as there is no challan available.