EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE

Tds correction against short deduction

Page no : 2

V.Sathyanarayanan (Senior Accountant) (109 Points)
Replied 28 November 2018

Dear Sir,

What if i deducted 30.90% u/s 195 for FY 2018-19 instead of 31.20% (short deduction on cess 3% instead of 4%),

on 06.05.2018 i paid @ 30.90%, later for difference 1% cess i paid on 06.08.2018,

How to file correction return for short deduction on cess. 

Mayank S (Principal Officer) (25 Points)
Replied 29 November 2019

Hello,

I have a similar issue wherein I didn't pay Education cess (Rs 900) in a statement filed for Form 27Q (TDS on Rent paid to an NRI as my landlord is an NRI).

I have the RPU software and have downloaded the Conso file. I have deducted TDS at 30% as per direction from IT Dept. The rent per month is Rs 25000, hence the TDS comes to Rs 7500 and Cess comes to Rs 300 per month. In my monthly challans for TDS, I have only deposited the Rs 7500 and didn't deposit the Cess at Rs 300. I have another challan now in which I have paid the pending Cess of Rs 900 along with Interests and Late payment fees.

When I correct the statement on TRACES and upload this new challan, it consumes the Interest and Late payment fees amount, but the Rs 900 of Short Deduction is still shown as Pending in the Default summary, and it is unconsumed from the Challan (the Challan balance is Rs 900).

How can I edit this Conso file in the RPU software? Note that the percentage at which TDS was deducted is correct in my case - just the Cess was missed.

Thanks,

Mayank.

Rajesh Kumar (2 Points)
Replied 21 May 2021

Hello,

I have a similar issue wherein I didn't pay Education cess (Rs 900) in a statement filed for Form 27Q (TDS on Rent paid to an NRI as my landlord is an NRI). I have the RPU software and have downloaded the Conso file. I have deducted TDS at 30% as per direction from IT Dept. The rent per month is Rs 25000, hence the TDS comes to Rs 7500 and Cess comes to Rs 300 per month. In my monthly challans for TDS, I have only deposited the Rs 7500 and didn't deposit the Cess at Rs 300. I have another challan now in which I have paid the pending Cess of Rs 900 along with Interests and Late payment fees. When I correct the statement on TRACES and upload this new challan, it consumes the Interest and Late payment fees amount, but the Rs 900 of Short Deduction is still shown as Pending in the Default summary, and it is unconsumed from the Challan (the Challan balance is Rs 900).

Note that the percentage at which TDS was deducted is correct in my case - just the Cess was missed.

Thanks,

Rajesh Kumar

How can I edit this Conso file in the RPU software? Note that the percentage at which TDS was deducted is correct in my case - just the Cess was missed.

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/tds-correction-against-short-deduction-339946.asp?offset=2

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: