Taxation on income from alternate investment fund cat. ii

jvratnam (Others) (109 Points)

28 July 2019  

I made an investment in Real Estate Fund  registered   with SEBI  as  AIF Cat.II and  got the status iof PAS THROUGH INCOME .  I would like to be advised by the experts on the following :I 

a) The audited   statement of income ,  for the FY 2018-19 contains  INCOME shown separately as ,dividend income, capital gains ans interest income  while   Expenditure is shown as   as proportionate share of expenditure of fund. 

In  ITR   shall I have to show       i)  net of income after deducting expenditure in the schedule on Income from other sources  or  ii)   to show gross income  and show separately expenditure .

b) Since capital gains can be set off with capital losses at the fund level , is it necessary 

to show the capital  gain income by investor  in the relevant schedule 

c) Can we set off dividend income  with expenditure  or   have to  show   under  Exempted Income Schedule as reported   ?

d) As loss can not be distributed by the fund , in reality what is the impact of loss at fund level ,to the investor at the closure of the fund as the fund has got limited tenure of life. If  fund make any business profit, which will not be distributed to investor  and dstibute to  promoters  and not to investors. 

e) Fund collects Management fee from the investors and do they spend entire amount and where this money is accounted 

f) The investee companies ( portfolio companies) deduct TDS on the income distributed to investors . Is it true that these incomes are exempt from TDS. and tax liability is to be discharged by investors . The Portfolio companies  will not deposit TDS promptly.) 

g) PTI schdeule in ITR shows only entries of income like dividend ,interest,capital gain. Since there is no provision for showing expenditure ,  can we  show only net income duly distributing expenditure on all items like dividend , capital gain ? 

e) D

Is it necessary to show the Dividend income to declare under Exempted income schedule

f O S   

capital gain on sale od