Suggestions for Group II IPCC & PCC

Kalpesh Chauhan, (Tax Assistant (Accounting Technician CA FINAL CS PROF. PROG. B.Com))   (8311 Points)

15 June 2010  

Suggestions for Group II IPCC. & PCC.

Paper 5 : Advanced Accounting.

·        In Accounts Hanif Mukherjee And Padhuka both are best.

·        Try to understand the problems with solutions given in the book and than go for exercises.

·        For Accounting standards go for Bharat as it is precise and inclusive of all solutions from past exams of PE-II,IPCC and PCC based on accounting standards.

·        AS are very important as it is asked both in Accounts as well as in auditing.

·         Compilations are most useful next to study material. Go through it for each chapter so that you can know how to write the paper and what does the Institute expects from us.

·        In accounts please go for theory of each chapters first as It would help more than direct practical part.

·        Do not leave anything in option. Because options have been removed and all the questions are compulsory.

Paper – 6   : Auditing & Assurance

·        Use study material only as far as possible.

·        But if you find anything difficult or if you are not getting the language properly than Padhuka is best

·         Compilations are most useful next to study material. Go through it for each chapter so that you can know how to write the paper and what does the Institute expects from us.

·        As far as SA i.e AAS are concerned please prepare from  D.S. Rawat

·        But do not spent too much time behind SAs as if you can complete study material fully, you will automatically have completed most of the important SAs.

i.e Do not try to mug up. Even in Auditing also ICAI requires practical

applicability of theoretical knowledge. As it is tendency of the institute.

·        Try to apply practical knowledge as if you were conducting audit of that particular entity in Vouching, verification, Inter control Practical questions and specially special audits.

·        Do not leave anything in option. Because options have been removed and all the questions are compulsory.

·        Generally short notes are from First 4 chapters.

·        And also one more thing in True or False questions try to be as precise as possible in your answer and give reference to sections if possible. But if you know the provsions you can get 1 to 1.5 marks easily.

Paper –  7 : Information Technology & Strategic Management

·        First try to go for study material only in preparing.

·        And Padhuka is best for distinguish and objective type of questions.

·        Compilations are most useful next to study material. Go through it for each chapter so that you can know how to write the paper and what does the Institute expects from us.

·        Flow chart and decision tables are very easy. Try to complete them in exams as well as in preparation also.

·        As far as Strategic Management is concerned I do not know exactly the syllabus and peper style. I would say  go for study material. It is ecause I am a pe-II student and I had Information Technology 100 marks paper.