Easy Office
LCI Learning

Study strategy for Final

Page no : 3

Pkala (CA Final (New Course)) (211 Points)
Replied 20 August 2010

Hi maya................thanx for  posts......

Maya Delves (Student) (481 Points)
Replied 20 August 2010

Finally SFM

Hey Guys SFM is a subject where your conceptual knowledge is tested and not your speed of writing like costing.

HEY GUYS, DONT THINK I AM PROPOGATING A BOOK HERE, I AM THE LAST PERSON TO DO THAT AS EACH ONE HAVE THEIR OWN COMFORT FACTOR.

SINCE I AM FROM SOUTH INDIA, I HAVE LIMITED KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE AUTHORS FOR SFM FROM NORTH INDIA.

I HAVE USED PADHUKAS, MURALIDHARAN, PATTABHI, SD BALA AND AN.SRIDHAR.

I FOUND AN SRIDHAR TO BE THE BEST AVAILABLE DUE TO THE FACT THAT CONCEPTUAL EACHING FOUND BEST HERE. EVERY CHAPTER HAS 80% THEORY AND 20% PROBLEMS WHICH ARE MORE THAN SUFFICIENT TO GET 60 MARKS IN OUR PAPER AS MOST OF THEM HAVE GOT.

As far as the chapters to cover go,

1. IFM

2. Mergers and acquisitions

3. Bonds and Equity analysis and portfolio theory.

4. Theory in all topics, preferably new syllabus topics.

5. Capital budgeting and financing.

This will ensure 90% of the paper.

If u look at AN.Sridhar, maximum problems would be 200 all put together. would take 2-3 days to complete.

Please spend 3 days to master SFM and score 60 minimum. less than 60 is not your cup of tea. Please rush to the shop if u are a south indian and get this book.

People in north India, I dont know about the books there, so cant comment on them but you can take my word and work thisbook. I guarentee 60 60 60

1 Like

ASHWANI AGGARWAL (STUDENT) (52 Points)
Replied 20 August 2010

mayyaaaaaaaaaaa thanks a lot 

Replied 20 August 2010

maya i wanna ask one think thats i my attempt is may2011  i wanna give both group iwanna take coaching of 4 subject sfm dt costing accounts bt due to lack of time i m unable to take all four i take sfm already 

so which subject can we prepare self from following

accounts

costing

dt

please post your opinoin and mail me aggarwal533 @ gmail.com

Replied 20 August 2010

@ Ashwani

Hi Since you find yourself in a tight position, Please start your costing classes now. DT and Accounts you can manage with a good material.

All the best. be street smart. you can easily get through

Replied 20 August 2010

Hello guys, I have posted the strategy for all subjects in one place. Please post all your queries in the forum where everything is consolidated

https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/study-strategy-for-final-all-at-one-place-100346.asp

Thank you for ur wishes. All the best

1 Like

Replied 20 August 2010

this problem is arises like lack of time due to icai notification where we can attempt cafinal attmept when we are in last year of training . my attempt is due nov2011 bt due to effect of this notification my attempt will be may2011 and i think this ipertunity we have to utilised 

thats why this problem arises my frnds suggest me coaching of dt is very necessary beacuse course is very vide is it correst

ok  you suggest me for coaching of costing

so which book i prefer for accounts and dt if i self prepared which you think is right

Replied 20 August 2010

sorry this is right 

this problem is arises like lack of time due to icai notification where we can attempt cafinal attmept when we are in last 6 month of training . my attempt is due nov2011 bt due to effect of this notification my attempt will be may2011 and i think this ipertunity we have to utilised 

thats why this problem arises my frnds suggest me coaching of dt is very necessary beacuse course is very vide is it correst

ok  you suggest me for coaching of costing

so which book i prefer for accounts and dt if i self prepared which you think is right

Sakshi (student (CA Final)) (21 Points)
Replied 21 August 2010

G8 work Maya! Ur analysis is really appreciable. Al d bst 4 ur attempt!

SHIVAM GROVER (student) (304 Points)
Replied 21 August 2010

thnksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: