Story time - silence is the answer

Rahul Sharma (----------) (8192 Points)

14 September 2012  

Photo: Story Time - Silence is the answer

There was once a great sage. Many people approached him for advice, but he would not advise anybody.

Instead he would say, "If you want to come and meditate with me in silence, I am more than willing to meditate with you. But I will not tell you anything."

Those who took him up on the offer felt an intense joy. Often, the solution to their problems would flaash into their minds as they sat in his peaceful ambience. One young man, however, insisted that the master should help him with his innumerable problems. 

The wise master declared, "Look, my boy, why do I not talk? If I tell the truth, the world hates me. If I don't tell the truth, God does not love me. I want to please both man and God. So I remain silent. If I am deeply absorbed in silence, God is pleased with me. At the same time, humanity sees that I am not involved in anybody's affairs, either individually or collectively. To everyone I am the same. And in the silence, people find their solutions. Silence is the answer to please the higher worlds and the lower worlds at the same time."

There was once a great sage. Many people approached him for advice, but he would not advise anybody.

Instead he would say, "If you want to come and meditate with me in silence, I am more than willing to
meditate with you. But I will not tell you anything."

Those who took him up on the offer felt an intense joy. Often, the solution to their problems would flaash into their minds as they sat in his peaceful ambience. One young man, however, insisted that the master should help him with his innumerable problems.

The wise master declared, "Look, my boy, why do I not talk? If I tell the truth, the world hates me. If I don't tell the truth, God does not love me. I want to please both man and God. So I remain silent. If I am deeply absorbed in silence, God is pleased with me. At the same time, humanity sees that I am not involved in anybody's affairs, either individually or collectively. To everyone I am the same. And in the silence, people find their solutions. Silence is the answer to please the higher worlds and the lower worlds at the same time."