Solution to problem for gst registration first time user

Ravi SADhiyan (Practice) (4510 Points)

03 July 2018  

The first time user of GST registration is facing problems like , once they log in with first user name and password , they get a message of 'Invalid user name / password' .. then we start to refill again again and again... our misery starts. However, its very easy to get rid off the problem :
Step 1 : Open the site https://www.gst.gov.in/
              See on top right   ' Login ' 

Step 2 : Login to the site 

Step 3 : Please do not fill username and password . Please see below , we find
 First time login: If you are logging in for the first time, click here to log in.

Step 4: There is separate gateway for first time user . Now please fill up your GST number and given password. Be careful in chosing upper and lowercase. Have patience while using your fist time logging in

Step 5 : If you are lucky , you will get the next page and you need to change your user ID and New Password . You may chose your Login ID in combination of alphabets , numbers and special characters and Passwords too. Read information carefully

Suppose you do not get the next page as indicated above in Step 5 .... then follow the below steps

Step A : First clear your browsing history of laptop / computer. Trash all temp files. Its better to  restart your computer. Believe me its very important

Step B : Go to site home page https://www.gst.gov.in/ and click on Tax Payers - Register Now section 

Step C : Chose TRN (Temporary Reference Number) option and captcha. You will get a message that you have registered GST registration number and you have to use that option. But ignore that. Just see above the message ... you will get an option to "Resend it to email and Mobile number " 

Step D : Click on resend option and go to your inbox of registered email ID / mobile number

You will get the same user ID i.e. your GST registration number and a new password

Step E : Again you need to follow the same step of 1 to 5 indicated above. Please select always "First time user Option" 

Note : You have to try the options again if you do not get success. You may try to change the computer i.e somebody else's laptop for first time registration. Do not forget to write down new login ID and password