Easy Office
Easy Office

Sir, tcs is refundable which is deducted in car?

Page no : 2

(Guest)

TCS appears in form 26as. that is sufficient proof to claim it.

Nabeel Nazar (Student) (3 Points)
Replied 15 September 2018

Sir

Will TCS apply invoice value (i.e,Taxable value + VAT/GST) or Invoice value excluding VAT/GST

Kindly Reply

Dhirajlal Rambhia (SEO Sai Gr. Hosp.) (170737 Points)

Aggregate value...

Unless GST separately mentioned.....

Vinayak Hebbar (TaxPayer) (24 Points)
Replied 20 September 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

i have a situation, where the car is bought in last week of March 2018. The TCS is reflecting in my 26AS as transaction date as March 2018, and May 2018 as booking date. When i filed my ITR, the amount of the TCS was being reflected, where as the ITR Acknowledgement recieved is showing 0 under the "As Computed Under Section 143(1)" column. So the refund is shown as 0 now.

Could you please advise on the reason for not being considered and how can i file for the refund?

Regards

Replied 20 September 2018

Recheck your form 26AS. If the TCS is credited in AY 2018-19, you may file rectification request u/s. 154 of IT act, and claim the refund.

2 Like

BSahay (Service) (35 Points)
Replied 21 September 2018

Dhirajlal Sir, I claimed for TCS in my ITR, it is also reflecting in Form 26AS. Though I received Demand notice U/s 143(1) and "As calculated u/s 143(1)" column is mentioning TCS as 0 (zero) resulting in Tax demand.

Do I need to submit a rectification (but there is nothjing to rectify as my initial return itself is good) OR I can go to efiling portal, submit for Disagree with reason as Other (describing this). 

I claimed for TCS in my ITR, it is also reflecting in Form 26AS. Though I received Demand notice U/s 143(1) and "As calculated u/s 143(1)" column is mentioning TCS as 0 (zero) resulting in Tax demand."

Yes, there happens mismatch between TRACES and CPC for some last minute details.

As there is no change in details of ITR, you need not revise it.

But you will have to file rectification for 'Tax Credit Mismatch' (as soon as rectification window for AY 2018-19 starts operating on e-filing web) and attach a scan copy of form 26AS in support of your claim for refund.

Good Luck.... 

1 Like

BSahay (Service) (35 Points)

Thank you. I see in efiling portal that Rectificationis enabled only uptill AY 2017-18. When do we expect the Rectification window for 2018-19 will open 

Though not clarified...... but may be by next month....

Vinayak Hebbar (TaxPayer) (24 Points)
Replied 22 September 2018

Thanks for the quick response Sir. But as i notice there is no option available for filing rectification for the AY2018-19. Could you please advise.

Thanks

Replied 22 September 2018

Many such affected tax payers are eagerly waiting for rectification window to be opned (for AY 2018-19)...... and even helpline is not able to clarify the reason for its closure, and when will it be facilitated !!!

ramya maddila (Accountant ) (37 Points)
Replied 24 September 2018

@ jith alakkad
only dealers in automobiles and who are in business can charge tcs and we can get refund...here u mentioned personal car and collected by an individual...

Sumit Malik (4 Points)
Replied 11 October 2018

But sir My income tax processing officer has not made that as a refundable entry and that has not been refunded to me for assessment year 18-19

Replied 11 October 2018

You can get TCS amount (along with TDS deducted) adjusted against your tax liability and excess if any can be claimed as refund; provided it reflects in form 26AS.

Check your form 26AS, if TCS was deducted while purchase of specified goods like Car, it shoule get reflected in the form, and same can be claimed in ITR.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: