Easy Office
LCI Learning

Silly mistake by ICAI

Page no : 2

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26263 Points)
Replied 01 May 2010

I just ask one question - why there is a system of revaluation introduced by the Institute? 

Because, if the student is confident that he appeared well but the marks are not up to mark then he could get it revalued. When numbers are increased "honestly" by the Institute then what fault was there on the part of the Institute ? 

The revaluation process of the Institute is such that the examiner who checked the copy for the first time is required to check it again when such request is made. It  means that Institute believes on the examiners because they are highly qualified persons. They have to follow  rules strictly. 

So one can see the same examiner rectify his own mistake and increase the marks previously allotted by him. 

I agree that these mistakes should not be continued. Even examiner don't wish that such cases should appear before him that he  put himself into a position to recheck his own work. 

The student should feel happy when he is declared pass by the Institute. 

2 Like

Alex Sharma (CA & ICWA Final student; CS & CFA completed)   (194 Points)
Replied 01 May 2010

@ Siddhart Bumb

Dear, we all hav points to make at various occassions. But using of Huge Font size with bold style isnt welcome. Think abt it.

1 Like

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 02 May 2010

system of revaluation laaya toh that was not some ehsaan done by icai. Students work day and night for the exams and icai being a govt. body must be accountable to all the students as well. Now what will happen to the person; who had taken leave for studying for this may10 exams and now he knows HE WONT HAVE TO APPEAR FOR IT. IN THIS CASE ICAI MUST ISSUE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTION TO HIS CA THAT DONT COUNT THESE DAYS AS HOLIDAYS; THAT WOULD BE THE MOST APPROPRIATE COMPENSATION.IF they don't do so, drag them to court. Waise bhi, icai playing with our career is not new thing.
1 Like

@*CS Siddharth Bumb. * (B.Com, CA Final, CS ) (5270 Points)
Replied 03 May 2010

Mr Alex Sharma i am not telling that welcome me, if you all who are blaming institute is not so good that i feeled, but if you thought that everytime ICAI is doin mistake then leave this course na, why are you doing such course, agar tumhe ICAI par bharosa nahi he to CA course chod do, commerce me aur bhi bahut course he.......

CA Ruben Balooni (Professionalism ™) (1324 Points)
Replied 03 May 2010

Originally posted by : jose.p
mr bumb; we will leave the course but will u or ur aaka, icai refund us all the time we have spent having galis from boss; 80000 bucks which we have spent on coaching?

And will u or ur icai be able to compensate for all stress we have gone through.

No, naa. so keep ur mouth shut.

well said jose bro!

Anil Kumar (looking for the best avenue)   (303 Points)
Replied 04 May 2010

well, it's usual for ICAI.They don't think tht it matters a lot bcoz just before nov.2009 too,such kind of incidence took place. i wud only say that ONE MUST BE READY TO FACE LEAST EXPECTED INCIDENCES IN LIFE especially when he's doing CA.and people who are saying that mistakes kisi se bhi ho sakti hai , i wud just like to say one thing ki mistake ek baar hoti hai , do baar hoti hai,baar baar toh atyachaar hota hai.and a govt. body like ICAI is supposed to be responsible towards people so if someone says ki course chhod do toh i think people like him don't believe in democracy.ICAI is only insti to offer such course agar aur koi hota toh , options cud be tried.so ICAI must have system to stop these kind of things immediately.

For ICAI,career of a single student doesn't matter , things come and pass but only those who get caught in such kind of situation know the real pain.

but ur friend got 75, that's gud so he must look forward to keep going.

Sympathy for ur friend , Thanks for u and Disappointment for ICAI.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: