EASYOFFICE

Signing of balance sheet

Page no : 2

RISHI (cs) (227 Points)
Replied 02 May 2016

1.According  to me, send copy of financial statements to CFO by email and he will take out its printing and after signing send the same by courier from abroad and other directors can sign later.

2.Otherwise all directors and CS will sign in the same meeting and send the scanned copies of same to CFO abroad. CFO will sign those copies and send by email/courier back to company. I am not one hundred percent sure that this will be legal or not.

To make situation more evident, Plz. provide dates of signing of financial statement and auditor also. Date of AGM also reqd.

1 Like

Pratik Shah (Practising Company Secretary)   (4432 Points)
Replied 02 May 2016

Agrawal Sir is correct. You can get signature of CFO after the the board meeting in which Financial Statement are signed. You only need to ensure that CFO shall sign the Financial Statement before the Company circulate signed/audtied Financials to Shareholders to be considered at AGM.

There is no need to conduct separate Board meeting for CFO to sign it. Once the CFO signs it, it can circulated to Shareholders atleast 21days before the date of AGM.

Please correct me if I am incorrect.

1 Like

CS Arjun Rajagopal (B.com, ACS) (1056 Points)
Replied 03 May 2016

Originally posted by : Pratik Shah
Agrawal Sir is correct. You can get signature of CFO after the the board meeting in which Financial Statement are signed. You only need to ensure that CFO shall sign the Financial Statement before the Company circulate signed/audtied Financials to Shareholders to be considered at AGM.

There is no need to conduct separate Board meeting for CFO to sign it. Once the CFO signs it, it can circulated to Shareholders atleast 21days before the date of AGM.

Please correct me if I am incorrect.

I too agree with Pratik Sir and Agarwal Sir. Sec 134(1) mentions only about the persons who must sign the financial statements before they are given to auditors for their report thereon. The section is silent about place and date of signing of financial statements.

Therefore, CFO and other persons entitled to sign can sign on different dates and at different places.

Learned members views are much appreciated on this topic.

Regards,

Arjun Rajagopal

1 Like

RISHI (cs) (227 Points)
Replied 03 May 2016

Bu there can come problem if date of signing of BSPL by directors and auditors is same. Thatswhy I asked  dates of signing of financial statements as according to me following are options:-

1.According  to me, send copy of financial statements to CFO by email and he will take out its printing and after signing send the same by courier from abroad and other directors can sign later. (if dates are not same)

2.Otherwise all directors and CS will sign in the same meeting and send the scanned copies of same to CFO abroad. CFO will sign those copies and send by email/courier back to company. I am not one hundred percent sure that this will be legal or not. (if dates are same)

Priyanka (CS) (22 Points)
Replied 19 August 2017

Helllo, If there is Dy.CS in the company and there is not any MD or CFO then who can sign the balance sheet ? and further all directors are non executive.

Ganesh Prakash Mule (Tax Consultant) (23 Points)
Replied 23 February 2019

Does tax consultant authority to sign  with  stamp on Balance sheet & Profit & Loss Statement under section 44 AD?

Meenu Khandelwal (Artical) (2 Points)
Replied 16 July 2019

Hello If a company is private limited company whose authorized capital is 7 crore can it is necessary for cs to sign the financials

Abhishek (CA FINAL) (54 Points)
Replied 19 April 2020

It should be noted that for signing the financial statements, chairperson of the company is recognised and not chairperson of the meeting. Hence, the person who is appointed as chairperson of the company may sign the financial statements after authorisation by the Board irrespective of whether he chaired the meeting or not. Where the company does not have a Chief Financial Officer and company secretary, signing by a duly authorised chairman will suffice. Where the company does not have a chairperson or if he is not authorised by the board then signing of financial statements by two directors out of which one shall be managing director and the Chief Executive Officer, if he is a director. Where the company does not have a managing director and Chief Executive Officer, any two directors may sign the financial statements

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: