Signing of audit report

Swanand Gadgil (Student) (279 Points)

12 May 2013  

Question about Section 229

I have a quetion regarding audit report. The said section says that only a person appointed as an auditor of a company or where a firm is so appointed, a partner in the firm practicing in India may sign the audit report or sign or authenticate any other document as required by law.

While going through case studies (i.e. while studying) I came across a case study where a person who is FCA signed the audit report & who was manager of the firm of Chartered Accountants in which he was working. The comment on the case study given was that the said person being FCA & manager of the said firm cannot sign the report or authenticate any document on behalf of the firm. Why is it so? Is it like FCA specifically cannot sign on the behalf of the firm? If it is so, why is it so? What difference does an FCA make while signing the report? I tried getting an answer by referring to the Study Material but was without success. Please help me with the same.

First of all what does FCA & ACA mean? What is the meaning or difference by addressing a CA as Fellow or Assistant? What is the purpose of such addressing? Please help me regarding that too.