Easy Office
LCI Learning

shud an auditor sign notes to accounts ?

Page no : 2

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 27 June 2009

Agree with Mr. Amol. The Auditor should sign the notes to accounts.

Disagree with Mr. Amit Daga

Yogesh Shah (Managing Corporate Finance)   (1051 Points)
Replied 27 June 2009

Originally posted by :Guest
" Sir,
I am working in deemed public ltd co.
Please guide me whether it is mandatory to take n.o.c. by a company from current auditor if we want to change him or the new auditor will take the same

"

Yes, if you want to change the Auditor, you will have to take approval from former one. This is mandatory to ensure integrity & independence of an Auditor.

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 27 June 2009

No, it is not mandatory to take n.o.c. by a company from current auditor if Co. want to change him.

However new auditor should communicate the old auditor.

(Guest)

As per the Code of Professional Ethics issued by the ICAI, the new coming auditor should get a n.o.c from the previous auditor within a reasonable time by Certificate of Posting in the prescribed manner.

Violation of this would be a professional misconduct for the New Auditor.

Hence the company doesnt have the responsility....

Nithin Chettoor (Assistant Manager) (388 Points)
Replied 04 July 2009

hi...... of course an auditor has to audit the notes on accounts as it forms part of the financial statements. And an auditor gives his opinion on the financial statements. Therefore, when he signs the audit report and the financials, its taken for granted that the notes on accounts are also signed.

CA Devanshi Gandhi (Ajani) (FCA DISA Mcom CIFRS & LLB)   (9058 Points)
Replied 09 July 2009

yes

(Guest)

yes

(Guest)

Yes auditor should sign notes to accounts because they form part of financial statements

shubham (cs) (41 Points)
Replied 17 September 2009

I want notes of C.S. Inter Company accounts and general and commercial laws anybody can give me.....

shubham (cs) (41 Points)
Replied 17 September 2009

yes ofcourse auditor sholud sign the notes of accounts because than who is reponsible for it

Pawan Kumar (audit manager) (118 Points)
Replied 18 September 2009

hi dear

you need not take any N.O.C from auditor, but you should infrom the auditor about this all and auditor can himself coordinate with appointing auditor which is require for the auditor as per the conduct.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: