Easy Office
LCI Learning

Should I pay advance tax

Page no : 2

Eswar Reddy S (CFO- at NHTF) (58263 Points)
Replied 19 March 2022

Employee has to declare other incomes like rent , interest etc through employer.

But in practice people submit housing loan interest certificate and show loss from house property in form 16 but they don't show rental income
1 Like

JJJ (Need help) (673 Points)
Replied 19 March 2022

Originally posted by : Samantha J
Pay advance tax now

What's the obsession with "pay advance tax now" in multiple topics?

There is no legal requirement to pay any advance tax. Even if one pays zero advance tax, it only results in an interest / penal charge, that's all.

I for one would rather pay slightly less tax than is due and then pay the interest rather than deal with a refund situation.

Replied 19 March 2022

Originally posted by : Eswar Reddy S
Employee has to declare other incomes like rent , interest etc through employer.But in practice people submit housing loan interest certificate and show loss from house property in form 16 but they don't show rental income

No they don't have to do any such thing. They can if they want to and the employer may factor it in if they want to, but there's no such requirement.

Samantha J (1236 Points)
Replied 19 March 2022

Jjj it's better to rectify mistakes at the earliest as issuing of false notice is rampant in kalyuga!

Replied 20 March 2022

Originally posted by : Samantha J
Jjj it's better to rectify mistakes at the earliest as issuing of false notice is rampant in kalyuga!

Firstly, I have no idea what that meant.

But more importantly, there's no mistake that needs correcting! 

Income from deposits is not an employer's problem from any angle. And payment of advance tax is not compulsory in this situation. 

Eswar Reddy S (CFO- at NHTF) (58263 Points)
Replied 20 March 2022

Kaliyuga trouble only honest tax payers ..It forget the negligent tax payers
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: