Vamsi Garaga (CA) (163 Points)

08 August 2015  
She was our class topper in +2
She was the recipient of Prathiba Award from the state government
She is the person, who finds happiness in helping others
She is ever smiling, ever caring, ever loving
She is simple | She is humble | She is brilliant | She is honest
She is……….

In the flow of life we come across many people, some are good some are bad and some, we don’t even bother about. But there will be very few people who can inspire you and who are the reason either directly or indirectly for all the good happened to you.

She helped me in getting internship in the firm she is working. Everyone in our office loved her and treated like a child, in fact she also behaved like that. She used to bring flowers and decorate around her computer, one on the top and two on either side guarding the computer. The desktop wallpaper, each day different baby photo, one will be smiling, one will be playing and she will be telling turning towards me “Soo cute...”

Initially I used to get angry on her, because our boss used to give every work to her and I used to sit reading Annual Reports of different companies, which I don’t like at all. One day I told I her I don’t like what you are doing, why everything you will only take-up? If this goes on like this when can I learn anything?  

She said ‘I don’t have any problem sharing work with you, but boss might be thinking you still need some time for giving any work, any way we will share the work what I am doing’ I told the bank transactions to her, she posted the entries in the Tally and explained how to work on Tally.

When our CA inter results are out for the first time, I knew my result and I told everyone in our office I will be writing again, but what we all never expected was, She failed in both the groups. Till that time she never had seen a failure in life. When another intern passed one group, distributing the sweets, she took it, went inside the kitchen and closed the door. When she came out, her eyes are red. I knew how tough it will be, seeing a failure for the first time.

I used to fight with her for every petty reason. We both studied together for CA Inter exams and coordinated well. Since we applied together at the same time our hall ticket numbers are one after another. We studied together and went to exams together. She was writing all her exams with her head down, I used to make some sounds ‘chu..chu..’ to get some answers but she never turned back.

The results are out she got very good marks and I got border marks and stamp passed by the institute. After few days enjoying the results, my friend said ‘ICAI made you pass and you are luck’. I got so irritated about those words, went to her and  said ‘because of you I got stamp marks, the examiner on looking at your paper gave very less marks to me, I will never apply together with you for the exams, thankgod! I cannot imagine if I got 1 mark less’

She used to spend all her pocket money for both of us. One day when we both are walking along the road, a physically handicapped lady begging on the street. On looking at her she asked me to wait, went into a bakery, bought some food and gave it to her with some money. I was watching all this. She said ‘I am sorry, today we will not buy anything for us and we will buy tomorrow.’

After articleship I left the firm went to my native for CA final preparation but I missed studying with her and fighting with her.  Even she used to call me sometimes and tell the same thing. All strange things happen all of a sudden. I happen to hear about her father’s death. She was very emotional and a sensitive girl. She cried days and moths for her father. Her family went into deep financial problems after her father’s death. For supporting her family she joined in Genpact like an ordinary employee.

She skipped writing CA final many times because of many reasons, meanwhile I also cleared CA final after many battles. Sometimes I used to scold her, get angry on her about the exams. She will simply tell ‘Sooner or later but definitely I will be a CA, because it was my father’s dream’.

Where ever she is, she can show her presence. She slowly climbed the corporate ladder in Genpact and won every peoples heart there.  She also went to US once on a client purpose and they are so impressed about her and her work. The client eBay asked her to stay with them permanently, she politely rejected the offer by saying ‘My mom can live in India only and I can live with her only.’  When she was all frustrated about health and studies and wanted to quit, Genpact people said “What do you miss here now; we will give you all, but please stay with us.” She again stayed in there.

What I can see in her, she can turn a dessert into a paradise. She can grow from anywhere to anywhere. She will not think this is only my job, she will help others and she will do all that she can, with all her heart. One day in the internship when some client came to our office, our boss asked us to send some coffee, but the office boy is not there.  I am in a dilemma whether giving the coffee will be right or wrong; meanwhile she went with a tray and gave the coffee to the client and the boss.

I told her ‘Coffee is not our job; this is not what we should do here.’ She said ‘May be it is not, but boss is our guru and there is nothing wrong serving my guru’. I was dumbstruck with her attitude.

As of now, she may not be CA, but she has won many people’s heart. Her life is bigger and ever expanding. Lucky are those who worked with her, fortunate are those who are friends with her.

By the way

She is MY FRIEND