EASYOFFICE

Sfm confusion

Page no : 2

shreyans jain (ABC) (192 Points)
Replied 16 February 2013

@ udit gupta

Whats wrong in inviting suggestions??

I just wanted to ensure that I get the right option with majority stating the same.

Udit Gupta (CA Final Student) (352 Points)
Replied 16 February 2013

Everyone will share what they feel is good for them. It may or may not be suitable to u. Some say self study, some will say coaching, some will say JB GUpta, some S D Bala....and so on..

So instead think and decide what suits you. U can look at the syllabus and see  the topics and how comfortable u r with them. Then u can make an analysis as whether u require coaching or not. Also, find rewievs about the text books on this site, you can compare and see which book suits u.

All the Best

1 Like

sonu (CA Practice ) (205 Points)
Replied 17 February 2013

Rajiv Singh Sir classes are Best for practical and concept clarity

Yuvraj Singh (CA FINAL ) (135 Points)
Replied 17 February 2013

shreyans

if u have a good grip on statistics(which u studied in class XI) and u are easy with formulaes then u can go for self studies..for theory u can refer practice manual of institute, which is sufficient...theory wont be asked beyond that(at least 16 marks theory is asked)

but if u are confused then u should go for coaching..iknow that will be hectic schedule for u but u will have to manage, otherwise only focus on any one group and take other grp lightly for this attempt..and prepare best..thanks

1 Like

Richa (article) (128 Points)
Replied 17 February 2013

jst a simple suggestion..whichever book u refer or coaching u take....plzz solve ques from practice manual  as many times ques have straight from the practice manual..hence it is a must...

i hav my atempt in may 13 and m also studying from it

1 Like

Replied 17 February 2013

@ Yuvraj

My stats in IX  and in CPT was just about good (not brilliant i should say), but i have decided that i am going take coachings only for 2 subjects ie. Costing & Direct Taxes. I need to keep a check on time & my pocket as well and i know that there are many like me who were not able to afford this but still they claered their CA.

Friends i will be very glad if you can suggest the best combination in the list i had given in A)

Thanks in advance

(Guest)

for sfm just mug up the formulaes and i hv cleared first grp and i had scored 62 in sfm by following sd bala and jb gupta,nw just get going bro,u hv ample of tym,just start studying nw,no need of classes by my point of view.

Replied 17 February 2013

@ student

Thank you

and i wnted to ask whether you are talking about JB gupta DVD's or book or both???

(Guest)

i m talking only abt the book,although i had dvd bt i did not refer it.

1 Like

rahul (Chartered Accountant) (5570 Points)
Replied 17 February 2013

J b gupta will b more helpful becoz it is also available in dvds. It is good for self-study.
1 Like

Replied 17 February 2013

So,

As per  suggestions mentioned aobe i should go with

"SD BALA+ JB Gupta DVD's + BOOK."

Anymore suggestions??

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)
Replied 17 February 2013

try rajesh makkar class notes on sfm available in laxmi nagar law houses ...

i found them the best as per my analysis ...

enough to score above 75

look it once ...

1 Like

R A W (CA FINAL Student) (87 Points)
Replied 17 February 2013

I myself took classes from Mr. Sanjay Saraf. He is simply superb.

If you have time for classes just go for him.

As far as books are concerned J.B.Gupta's is a good one because it mainly focuses on our CA final paper.

Plenty of questions are also given in it.

On conceptual level other books are okay (but they are good on some of the topics & not so on others).

On Self Study front just go for J.B.Gupts & Makkar Sir's notes.

1 Like

Abhisek Rungta (PRACTISING CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT)   (234 Points)
Replied 18 February 2013

As you have  time for Self Study , go for SD Bala and Practise Manual that will do. 

1 Like

suresh shrinivasan (ACCOUNTS MANAGER) (95 Points)
Replied 18 February 2013

Hi so far sfm you have to go for coaching . so that you can know the concepts well. or else you can get video and home itself u can learn . But self studey will not help to score good marks. if u go coaching u can get more marks than other subjects

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro