Service tax registration for rent from multiple properties

IS Kakar (B.Com) (109 Points)

15 January 2014  

Hi

I am trying to register for service tax online for first time and have some doubts regarding the same, so please help me in clearing these doubts.

The category under which I have to pay service tax is “Rent from Immovable property”.  I have two properties from which I get rent one is in new delhi and other one is in gurgaon. Following are my doubts.

1. In “ Name of the unit” section what do I need to fill, while registering ?
  2. Commissionerate, Range, division is based on where I live (my residence address) or it will be based on the location of the premises from where I get rent ?
  3. What needs to be selected in “Constitution of Applicant”, whether it should be filled “proprietor”  or should I fill “Others category” and mention “Individual” ?
  4. What should be Nature of Registration? Do I need to register for “Single premise registration” or have to register for “Centralized registration for more than one premises”.
  5. While submitting the documents to service tax department (copy of pan card, proof of residence, constitution of applicant). Which document do I need to submit for constitution of applicant?
  6. If I opt for service tax certificate to be send to me through online mode or email will that certificate be digitally signed or do I need to take print out of it and again visit service tax office to get it duly signed from service tax officials.

I, know these are lot many queries to be answered, but any help from the esteemed professionals on this forum would be highly appreciable by a new assesse like me.

Thanks