Service tax on reverse charge mechanism

NITESH SHARMA (articled assistant) (34 Points)

06 July 2016  

I pay service tax under RCM for taking service of Manpower. I have a doubt regarding the point of taxation and interest on late payment. Suppose I got an invoice of Rs.22000 for the services I received for the month of April '15 and the invoice has been raised on 5.5.15 but I forgot to pass the entry in the books. The Return for the period has also been submitted and the date for filing Revised Return has also got lapsed. It came to my knowledge on 1.1.2016 and I passed the said entry on that date. Now the problem is when I am going to submit my Oct-Mar Return, should I take that entry in january month itself or is there any other treatment?? and if it will be taken in January then how will I calculate service tax for the same as it is 12.36% charged in the invoice but taking it in January make it 14.5% .And how will I calculate Interest for the same as it is due from 3 months passing the invoice date or payment date whichever is earlier as per Notification no. 7/2015. Here the payment was not made within 3 months from the date of invoice.

Please reply soon with the best possible answer.