service tax on foreign work

None (none) (32 Points)

06 December 2007  
hello experts
Please help me with this query
I am a freelancer based in chandigarh. I am basically an architect but my business is related to graphics and computer visualization services to clients. Now i have some of my clients in US and canada and they outsource the work to me and then pay me accordingly.i work online with them. now i want to know as i am liable to charge service tax, do i charge service tax from my foreign based clients? there are 2 situations my one client is settled in US but he has a bank account here in Chandigarh. once the work is done i get the DD from this bank locally. he gets his payments from US but he gives it to me through a local bank. I am sending my bills to his local office address only in INR format. Do i charge service tax from this client?
Second situation is one of my clients is paying me directly from CANADA thru western Union. Does it matter if i receive CASH or Cheque from western union as all money from Western UNION is already white. Do i charge service tax from them.They haven't asked for any bills yet but eventually they will. So should i bill them in Dollars and send it on their office address in CANADA?
Whats the best way to deal with this situation?

thanks