Service tax on computer assembling and servicing

Ankit Goenka (IT Dealer) (79 Points)

25 March 2012  

I have a computer shop in Shillong, Meghalaya - I would like to know - how can I

1. Application for Register for Service Tax
2. Requirement for registration for Service Tax (documents which might be required for registration)
3. Percentage of Service Tax Chargable
4. Would computer assembling be chargable? ie. if someone buys a desktop pc which we assemble (we charge VAT on items he has purchased) - how can we charge service tax on free assembling?
5. Maintain accounts for service tax - kindly confirm how can we maintain accounts for service? Considering we cannot make "x" units of service in our inventory and without making "x" units of service as a SUK how do we maintain accounts of the same.
6. Many inventory/POS softwares like BUSY and FUSION Retail are available for POS but none , I know of for maintaining service - Kindly help on this.
7. Exemption limit of service tax for FY 12-13 - and say if the exemption is Rs.10L. Can i charge service tax on services i provide up to 10% without being charged service tax by the department or how does it work?

I am not a person from Commerce and the subject of accounts is something which I do not understand - I am also speaking to a CA for my queries but I am sure if the members of this forum help me I will understand as much as I need to - run my business.

Thanks a lot in advance. Please help!