Easy Office
Easy Office

Service tax e- filing of return

Page no : 2

CA Shyam Parekh (Practice) (33 Points)
Replied 08 October 2011

In filling up the source document, you can try this format "ST Reg no._Premises code_ST3_mmyyyy"

CA Dheeraj Bansal (Chartered Accountant) (652 Points)
Replied 08 October 2011

Dear Kunal,

I am also facing the same problem. But its the problem of efilling software. You just click continue any way.

kunal mangal (Chartered Accountant) (160 Points)
Replied 08 October 2011

Dear Shyam,

The format you said is not getting accepted in the form.

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com) (21056 Points)
Replied 09 October 2011

BSR code = 7 digits - if bank BSR is not of 7 digits then put zero before BSR, eg. if BSR as per bank is 6732 then put 0006732

date = DDMMYYYY format without any space or special character

Challan no : 5 digits - if the challan no mentioned by bank is lower than 5 digits then put zero BEFORE challan no, eg if the challan no is 123 then it should be 00123

check the challan no correct way with the link provided of NSDL in earlier posts.

sometimes zero is used by us as suffix in place of prefix.

Replied 09 October 2011

Dear Sir,

The 20 digit format is getting accepted while filing details in GAR-7 challan column but not in the source document column.  I guess there is a different format which the dept has forgot to mention in the return.

Replied 09 October 2011

Replied 09 October 2011

just read carefully , i hope u will be able to resolve the issue

4B   Source documents details for entries at column 4A(I)(a)(iii), 4A(I)(a)(iv), 4A(i)(b)(iii), 
4A(I)(b)(iv), 4A(I)(c)(iii), 4A(I)(c)(iv), 4A(I)(d)(i) to (vii)
(To be filled only if any entry is made against column 4A(I)(a)(iii), 4A(I)(a)(iv), 4A(i)(b)(iii), 
4A(I)(b)(iv), 4A(I)(c)(iii), 4A(I)(c)(iv), 4A(I)(d)(i) to (vii))

source code is to be filled up only if the red marked columns are filled, and it relates to previous period payments.

Replied 09 October 2011

Dear Sir,

Sir the above column includes any payment made for any interests or any penalty also. One of my client has paid interest and penalty both.

Replied 09 October 2011

Originally posted by : kunal mangal

Dear Sir,

Sir the above column includes any payment made for any interests or any penalty also. One of my client has paid interest and penalty both.

for penalty 4B is inapplicable read 

4A(I)(d)(i) to (vii)

where the penalty is (vIII)

if interest is paid that means amount of previous period is paid alongwith, be specific in filling return, 

better skip the 4B and revise at later stage ( on getting clear and specific)

1 Like

Replied 09 October 2011

if by any chance your entires are accepted in 4B, all challns would get credited in earlier period payments and current service tax would be laid unpaid, so be careful 

2 Like

manish kumar (Dy. Manager(Internal Audit))   (44 Points)
Replied 09 October 2011

Whether interest  was paid on demand or after show cause notice ,then only source document no is required to be filled in 4B . The format may be REGNUMBER_SP_YYYY_nnn_SCN  for showcause . It may be due to Demand Note, OIO,OIA ,etc. Whatever amount has been paid by GAR7 challans ,it needs be filled in  format prescribed .

Hope it clarifies

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro