Easy Office
Easy Office

SERVICE TAX CREDIT ON CONSTRUCTION OF BUILDING

Page no : 2

Dinessh Kumar (Articled Asst.,) (193 Points)
Replied 23 September 2007

Hi Bjiender, Abatement is for provider of service.ie.,the person who constructed the building. the contractor is availing the abatement and hence he is only not eligible for availing CENVAT credit.

Replied 23 September 2007

Even in Transaporter's case transporter only cannot claim cenvat credit.

(Guest)
Dear Dinesh, in both case service provider can't avial cenvat credit of service tax. It is right. But we are talking here regarding availment of cenvat credit by serive user. In case of transporter if abateemnt rate is charged , then service user can't avail service tax. He can avail serivce tax only when full rate of tax is charged on transportation charges.

Replied 24 September 2007

Sorry Bijender, Even in Transporter's Business, the service user can avail the service tax, since he is paying the service tax. The Notification says abt the non-availment of CENVAR Credit for service providers only. No where act/Notification says that service tax cannot be availed by service users in case of transporter's business.

(Guest)

yo

(Guest)

Is it possible to take input credit if it is engage in renting of immovable property.

(Guest)

If the input credit can be taken from service provided on renting of immovable property then what were the services can be take

(Guest)

If the input credit can be taken from service provided on renting of immovable property then what were the services can be take

Shweta Mehta (Articleship) (21 Points)
Replied 10 April 2008

Respected sir,

Pls send me list of goods and services on which we'll take credit of service tax .

we are sevice providing Company and also trading co. pls reply me fast

thank u

Shweta mehta

(Guest)

Can Excise duty paid on purchase (in case of  trader not registered with exsise) be setoff  against service tax liability

(Guest)

Dear Sir,

Ex     i have Trnasporter, but not service Tax Registration , and I have Not Credit in service Tax, and I have Declarion on Service tax to Party , i have Not 1000000/- transtion in Year, so service tax  in Liabilty to Party ? please suggest

S.Altaf Hussain (General Manager- Finance)   (28 Points)
Replied 28 May 2008

Is it service tax is applicable for construction of residential flats. if applicable please send us the percentages of tax and when it will be applicable.

pankaj (chartered accountant) (20 Points)
Replied 16 June 2008

Hi,

whether a service provider can take  credit of service tax & Excise duty paid on input if he (output service provider) is taking abatement  of 40% of service tax under clause "Mandapkeeper"??

Plz Answer

(Guest)

Whether a company can avail credit of service tax on Construction bill of Civil Works, Factory Building etc. . The contractor charges service tax 12.36% on 33% value of total bill amount. ( after availing 67% abatement). Whether we claim credit of service tax.

(Guest)

Whether a company can avail credit of service tax on Construction bill of Civil Works, Factory Building etc. . The contractor charges service tax 12.36% on 33% value of total bill amount. ( after availing 67% abatement). Whether we claim credit of service tax.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro