Easy Office
LCI Learning

Service tax calculation

Page no : 2
(Guest)

Hi,

Iam Dwarak, iam Running DSA (Direct Sales Associate) for HDFC Personal Loan, we get the payments from the bank in the form of Commission after the TDS deducation @ 11.33%. Kindly let us know wheather there would be any Service Tax to be paid on the Commission, if so what would be the Calculation. Kindly let me know pls.

OFFICESELVA (Service) (515 Points)
Replied 29 August 2008

The service tax is payable on Commission received under the category of BAS.  ST should be paid on the TDS deducted also.

jaya pandey (accountant) (97 Points)
Replied 31 August 2008

hiii

the amount of commission receive is 202385.  so whats service tax that amount

Replied 31 August 2008

Service Tax                           : Rs.24,286.00

Primary Education Cess      :  Rs.     486.00

Secondary Education Cess :   Rs.     243.00

---------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL                                      Rs. 25,015.00

----------------------------------------------------------

Replied 01 September 2008

THX A LOT SIR................... U SOLVE MY BIG PROBLEM

Replied 01 September 2008

hello sir

i want to know when commission receive after tds  deducting so   how can calculating service tax. that means i have receive rs  1000 commission after deduct tds so servicetax calulate on 12.36 this amount plz tell me by example

Replied 03 September 2008

hello  sir

when receive commion after  tds the amount is suppose  5000 so how can charge service tax.

i mean    5638*12.36 or 5638*12.36/ 112.36 which process use am i

iskdel (accountant) (0 Points)
Replied 09 September 2008

I want to know how to calculate Gross amount of Payment. For Example We received payment Rs. 500000/- from our party. What will be gross amount. and what is 33 % of gross amount is to be calculated. Please solve my problem. Agarwal

Replied 09 September 2008

First please indicate which service you are rendering?

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Anand
" Dear Sir & frinds,
i have one doubt in service tax calcultaion, we billed 1000+123.6=1123.6 in case we received 700/- part payment how should i treat this one and it is after deduction of TDS 10.3% and any formula is there please tell me
"

amit mathur (accounts) (23 Points)
Replied 30 September 2008

Hi

we have raised a bill of Rs. 112.36 to the customer and received Rs. 100 towards basic commission amount but not the service tax. What is the liability of service tax on this transaction

Amit

(Guest)

Dear sir,

I want a clarification wheather i want to pay service tax for the TDS amount deducted by the customer

Replied 30 September 2008

@ Amit Mathur

If the amount received is Rs.10,000/-  the service tax payable is Rs.1068/- Primary Education Cess Rs.21/- and Secondary Education Cess Rs.11/-.  Total tax payable Rs.1100/-

@ ARASU

Yes.  TDS deducted should be included for computation of Service Tax.

Pankaj Kumar (Chief Accountant) (24 Points)
Replied 03 December 2009

I am looking over the accounts of a transport company. Transport company is a proprietor ship and having a service tax registration.

90% billing is to exporters. I want to know service tax provisions for Transporters.

MADHUSUDAN THAKUR (Student) (26 Points)
Replied 29 December 2011

Dear Sir,

if in hotel business, room rent recived in a month Rs. 29500/- (inclusive of ST) and in this service 50% abatement available. what will be the service tax liability for the assessee. please explain how

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: