Self confidence.

PIYUSH SINGH (student) (2471 Points)

04 January 2012  

Dr. Rajendra Prasad was the first President of India. Here is an incident of his life when he was a student of a college at Calcutta. An Englishman was the Principal of that college.

Self Confidence

It was the day of declaration of result of the final examination and all the students gathered in the hall. The principal came with a list in his hand and said: ‘This list contains names of successful candidates that I am going to announce. Those whose names are not announced should consider themselves as unsuccessful, but they need not feel disappionted.They should work hard and pass with destinction next year.’

When all the names in the list were announced one student got up and said: ‘Sir, You have not called out my name!’

The Principal said: ‘Your name is not in the list, so you have failed.’

The student said: ‘This is impossible, I shall pass in first class.’

The Principal repeated , ‘You are fail’.

The student insisted: ‘No, It can’t be so. My name has been omitted, by mistake.

The Principal got annoyed and imposed a fine of five ruppes.But the student was quite adamant on his point and the Principal went on increasing the fine and raised it to fifty ruppes!

Meanwhile, the clerk who had prepared the list came running to the Principal and said: ‘Sir, the name of the student who had topped the list was omitted by mistake.Here is the name, Please include it in the list.’

This was the name of the same student who was so confident of his success. The principal felt ashamed and said: ‘I am sorry, my boy. I am much pained at my mistake.’

The same student later on, after India got freedom and became republic, achieved the distinction of becoming the first President of India.

He was full of confidence and an embodiment of simple living and high thinking.