Seeking help on duplicate pan card accidently.

Vinod (Freelancer) (1 Points)

31 August 2018  

Please help!!! Your advice will really help me get out of this dilemma.

I am Vinod from New Delhi. I provide website design service as a freelancer. I don't do job and I don't have any registered company.

PROBLEM :

I had applied for a new and fresh PAN card for me in 2007 and I had received it within 7-10 days after applying by courier. I came to know recently that someone already using this PAN CARD from 2002. Same PAN No. with SAME NAME as VINOD KUMAR. I was shocked. I have been irregular of filing ITR. I have filed only 3-4 ITR within 7-8 yrs.  That guy is from AMBALA and this PAN CARD that I holding was assigned from AMBALA itself. I never came to know about it and I have never been there in AMBALA. That other guys resides there in AMBALA. When I contacted help desk they asked me to go to AMBALA income tax authority to fix this issue. I am from New Delhi and I was supposed to receive my PAN CARD from Delhi Income Tax Department itself.

What should I do now??

If I surrender this PAN CARD then the other guy's PAN CARD will also be surrendered automatically. Since he was using the SAME CARD for 2002 and I was assigned this PAN CARD in 2007. It was department fault how had assigned me this PAN CARD.

I am feared of Filing ITR now and there are no benefit of me to file ITR until I get a New PAN CARD. Please suggest me what should I do??

Should I apply for a new PAN CARD without surrendering this PAN CARD?  I have been irregular of filing ITR, I might get into a problem from Income tax department if I go into this case deeply as they will come to know that I was irregular of filing ITR. I don't know much about filing ITR and all of its pros and cons.

Your help will be appreciated.