Easy Office
LCI Learning

Satellite or live

Page no : 2

mayank agarwal (CA fianlist BCOM(H) CS student )   (577 Points)
Replied 05 September 2011

Originally posted by : Ankur

In my opinion go for Live classes, as i am myself doing acc&sfm from eten and they are rubbish...............Your experience will largely depend on how good the center is......

And remember these centers are based on "franchisee" model, so in case the Center manager is not cooperative like in my case, then you are very much on your own.......

Many a times class are cancelled at center due to technical faults, you can view videos only till 1 month after your attempt....

ankur ji , i agree with you , these coaching classes has lost all the ethics . greed has made them blind . but  let me tell you as per my knowldege , if we look at the past result Pitampura center is good one . moreover the biggest problem which concern me is that now parveen sharma sir has only one batch that is regualr at 6:30 am (it take full 1:20 - 1:40 from my residence ) , due to this i can not join another coaching together with accounts . this will finally increase the last minute pressure on me .

as far as all these unethcial acts are concerned i totally agree with you & the only solution to get rid of this & to save ourselves from getting victim of cartels , "CA STUDENT UNITY" is a must .

it is very unfortunate that everyone , including our CA , senior staff , even coaching operators keep harassing us mentally & financially & we cant do anything because we students are not united .

i hope one day all these mishappenings will come to end.

1 Like

Ankur (CA Final Student) (999 Points)

mayank u r right...........which is why these satellite classes are running, coz students like you cannot always travel to these live classes considering the time......

2 Like

MS SAMEER (CMA*CA*CMDM*ast FUND MANAGER*LEGAL ADVISOR)   (14938 Points)

SATELITE CLASSES AR N GOOD 

1 Like

srinivass (CA Final) (2466 Points)

HEY YAAR LIVE CLASSESS ARE GOOD YAAR ....

1 Like

manoj (CA) (66 Points)

Dear Mayank,

There is no hard and fast rule to attend Coaching Classes.. DT,IDT and Accounts can be learned by Self Study.

Its better you assess The time spent on attending coaching classes with the Course covered by Self Study sitting at your home.

I never took any coaching in CA. At first I joined for Coaching Classes at Kolkata for Accounts n Costing(R.N.Singh) But the drawbacks were i need to travel for 1.5 hours to reach the coaching center and the idle time spent on road waiting for bus/ metro will be another hour. So for attending a Chapter (Say Leverage in FM) I have to Spend 3 hours for Travelling, 1 hour waiting for getting bus/metro and 3 hours of Class.

Secondly I can't Start studies straight away returning from Coaching as the attending for the Class will consume all my energy.

So I decided to sit back at home and complete the chapter by myself. If any doubts arise then i used to go to the CA library Once in a week and getting the doubts cleared by seniors.

Here you have a good forum where you can post your queries and get the solutions.

Dear Mayank doing Self Study is my personal view. Please take your decision by youself because you'r the best person to judge yourself.

All the Best.

1 Like

Gurdip Singh (CA & ICWA) (157 Points)
Replied 07 September 2011

Hi Guys,

Looks you all are struck between self- study, live study & satellite classes. Well guess what there is still a new concept. Have you heard about the site www.cagyan.org. Visit it and let me know your views. And I totally agree with Manoj. With good books in hand and proper guidence like the one I am talking about, you can learn anything and everything from your home.

1 Like

mayank agarwal (CA fianlist BCOM(H) CS student )   (577 Points)
Replied 07 September 2011

Originally posted by : manoj

Dear Mayank,

There is no hard and fast rule to attend Coaching Classes.. DT,IDT and Accounts can be learned by Self Study.

Its better you assess The time spent on attending coaching classes with the Course covered by Self Study sitting at your home.

I never took any coaching in CA. At first I joined for Coaching Classes at Kolkata for Accounts n Costing(R.N.Singh) But the drawbacks were i need to travel for 1.5 hours to reach the coaching center and the idle time spent on road waiting for bus/ metro will be another hour. So for attending a Chapter (Say Leverage in FM) I have to Spend 3 hours for Travelling, 1 hour waiting for getting bus/metro and 3 hours of Class.

Secondly I can't Start studies straight away returning from Coaching as the attending for the Class will consume all my energy.

So I decided to sit back at home and complete the chapter by myself. If any doubts arise then i used to go to the CA library Once in a week and getting the doubts cleared by seniors.

Here you have a good forum where you can post your queries and get the solutions.

Dear Mayank doing Self Study is my personal view. Please take your decision by youself because you'r the best person to judge yourself.

All the Best.

thank you so much manoj ji , i will take your precious opinion into account while making any decision .

sir i am 1000 % agree with you about the wastage of time u issue u have raised here . thats why i have decided to 5 subjects by myself . now its come to DT & IDT , let me tell you sir , i am very weak in both of too ,& my CA sir has specially told me to improvize in the taxation papers . now it come to accounts , sir let me tell you , there is too much dilemma (may be a rumour spreaded by teachers to attract mass pool if students) about shedule VI & ind IFRS , etc , that why i had decided to undergo satellite coaching for all the three . it will save my time & my money .

if you have any further guidance for me , then i will feel myself to be very lucky .

thanks alot .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: