Easy Office
LCI Learning

Sap FICO and CAs

Page no : 8

Arun G (Associate) (25 Points)
Replied 24 July 2012

Hi All

I would request you to provide the configuration for bad debts and reserve for doubtful debts in SAP FICO. If possible with examples and screenshots would be feasible.

thanks

Arun 

Sheli Sehrawat (SAP Business Consultant)   (767 Points)
Replied 26 July 2012

Originally posted by : Arun G

Hi All

I would request you to provide the configuration for bad debts and reserve for doubtful debts in SAP FICO. If possible with examples and screenshots would be feasible.

thanks

Arun 

Dear arun,

Follow these steps:

F104:

Provision for Bad Debts (exp) Dr

To Provision for Bad Debts (Liab)

Step 1:OB04 :You can define here the % of provision.

Step 2:FS00 :Creation of GL Accounts

BAD DEBTS,PROV FOR BAD DEBTS-NORMAL ACCOUNTS(EXP&LIAB)

BAD DEBT RECON Account AND RESERVE FOR BAD DEBT RECON ACCOUNTS (Both CUST Recon G067)

Step 3:FD01Create customer

Step 4:F-22 Post INVOICES.

Step 5:OBXD BAD DEBT TO PROV FOR BAD DEBT

Step 6:OBXY SDRS TO BAD DEBT RECON

Step 7:F103 DRS TO RECON

Step 8:F104 BD TO PROV BAD DEBT

Step 9:F-28 BANK TO CUST (E -indicator)(RESIDUAL OR PARTIAL PAYMENT IN EACH INVOICE)

Regards

Sheli

1 Like

yatra (Job ) (27 Points)
Replied 07 August 2012

hi sheli,

I am inter ca, i gave ca final exam 2 times bt cudnt clear and due to bad times i took drop, nw as such for becoming ca i already got 7 trials bt nw i hve resumed an vl appear for exams next time.... bt as an inter ca , m nt getting good jobs , so i wish to do sap fico, i cnt afford certification courses , so i enquire about other institutes providing sap- fico instructor led in 35000, they dnt provide live project implementation bt they claim course to be practical enough, moreover there is no placement guarantee though assistance...m really confused as to should i opt for this course to repair my damaged career.

plz give ur opinion on the same.

Rohan Ranade (M Com, CA) (21 Points)
Replied 11 August 2012

Hi Sheli,

I have passed the CA final in Nov 2011 attempt. I read all the discussion which has taken place on your thread which is quite informative. I appreciate your work.

I am currently working in Internal Audit Dept of a company since last 3 months  which has SAP, and I have SAP end user knowledge since my articleship as the client of CA firm in which I did my articles were having SAP implemented.

Since I am considering job opportunity in SAP, Whether it is neccessary to do SAP Certification

and if I get it from the recognised institute by completing certification coures, What is the current scenario of market for SAP job opportunity?

Can you please throgh a light on this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

CA Rohan Ranade

Replied 23 August 2012

Originally posted by : yatra

hi sheli,

I am inter ca, i gave ca final exam 2 times bt cudnt clear and due to bad times i took drop, nw as such for becoming ca i already got 7 trials bt nw i hve resumed an vl appear for exams next time.... bt as an inter ca , m nt getting good jobs , so i wish to do sap fico, i cnt afford certification courses , so i enquire about other institutes providing sap- fico instructor led in 35000, they dnt provide live project implementation bt they claim course to be practical enough, moreover there is no placement guarantee though assistance...m really confused as to should i opt for this course to repair my damaged career.

plz give ur opinion on the same.

Hi Yatra

I don't think it’s wise to go for the unauthorised program for 35,000 bucks. It won't give you a certificate to show your qualification in your CV. But the authorised program is a little too expensive to go for it. Given that you haven’t qualified yet, we are in a little complex situation here.

I think you should work out for a job opportunity in a company or in a CA firm whichever pays you better. Then later when you feel somewhat settled with the job, you can think of your next step.

Please remember something is better than nothing. Don’t refuse a job just because it gives you few Ks less. Try hard, look out and reach out. I am sure God has something for you dear. Don’t lose faith. Keep trying and never say “I can’t”.

Good luck

Regards

Sheli

Replied 23 August 2012

Originally posted by : Rohan Ranade

Hi Sheli,

I have passed the CA final in Nov 2011 attempt. I read all the discussion which has taken place on your thread which is quite informative. I appreciate your work.

I am currently working in Internal Audit Dept of a company since last 3 months  which has SAP, and I have SAP end user knowledge since my articleship as the client of CA firm in which I did my articles were having SAP implemented.

Since I am considering job opportunity in SAP, Whether it is neccessary to do SAP Certification

and if I get it from the recognised institute by completing certification coures, What is the current scenario of market for SAP job opportunity?

Can you please throgh a light on this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

CA Rohan Ranade

Hi Rohan

Your Ques:  Since I am considering job opportunity in SAP, Whether it is neccessary to do SAP Certification

The answer to your query cannot be a simple No or a Yes. Its purely situational to determine the need for certification. I am not SAP certified but by the virtue of being selected by the recruiters, I’m here. Newly qualified CAs find it difficult to get into SAP profile when they themselves want to. Hence SAP certification is not the eligibility criteria but it definitely gives you an edge. And you are the best person to decide if that edge is worth spending 4 lacs. Though there are always requirements in SAP FICO for candidates having domain experience of 3-5 years, I am not sure what will be the proper channel to apply for such requirements.

In a nutshell, I would like to suggest that you should go for the certification if finances are not a constraint.

About the current scenario of market, SAP is an evolving technology in India. The number of SAP customers is growing rapidly. Moreover, when you shift profile from End User to SAP consultant, growth opportunities are immense. Because the purview of your job responsibilities enlarges to a great extent. Also, each module of SAP is so vast that learning a complete module will itself take 2-3 years. When learning takes this much time, you can assume how much time an implementation might take. What I want to convey is that the saturation point is way way beyond normal Audit/ Taxation/ Accounting profiles.

Regards

Sheli

Srini (student) (52 Points)
Replied 10 September 2012

Hi Sheli Sehrawat,

First of all aloud applaud to you for giving crystal clear explantion for the query. I finished foundation of icwa and B.com E.commerce   and  now currently pursuing inter, i wish to turn my career into sap consultant and more over i'm a tech savy guy. my question is..

1) Shall i finish atleast inter in icwa and pursue sap ?

or

2) Do sap and continue icwa ..

I'm in a big confusin please sort out this mam. 

I'm just 20 is it okay to pursue sap now itself?

Awaiting for your reply:)

Anbuselvam (CMA Final Pursuing) (240 Points)
Replied 27 September 2012

As you are in first stage to start your career, First try to complete CWA inter both groups at a time and clear it. Once you get the strong knowledge in Professional accounting, you will get confident and then join in SAP course.

KAMAL RUSTAGI (CA) (146 Points)
Replied 22 October 2012

Hi Sheli,
Hope I Dont bored U frm My query which may b Repetitive for U,
right now I m a CA Final student, & gave already 4 attempt but didnt get success in tht, till now.
I not say that I m going to drop my CA, but yes, till its over..I have something in my hand.
So I plan to do smthng, which give me an edge to my Career.

Recently, I heard about SAP FICO, I dont know anythng about this,
but yes,
Now I want save my future, so I think to go for SAP FICO,
Can you Suggest me, whts good for me, as per my situatn..
From where, whts d duratn...each & evrythng.

Thank you so much for spending tym in reading my Repetitive Query.
KAMAL
CA FINAL

PINTU DAS (SAP FICO CONSULTANT) (26 Points)
Replied 23 October 2012

GATE WAY TO SAP INDUSTRY FOR CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS / CA ARTICLE AND FINANCE STUDENTS 

PARTICIPATE IN SAP PROJECT  FOR VITAL EXPERIENCE AND REFERENCE

ONLINE TRAINING ON SAP FICO WITH BUSINESS PROCESS AND LIVE PROJECT 

STUDY MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON CHARGEABLE BASIS 

FOR DETAILS CONTACT : P DAS, SAP CONSULTANT
EMAIL: prithwis.pintu @ gmail.com
TELEPHONE : 091 91639 47650

KAMAL RUSTAGI (CA) (146 Points)
Replied 23 October 2012

Hi Sheli,
Hope I Dont bored U frm My query which may b Repetitive for U,
right now I m a CA Final student, & gave already 4 attempt but didnt get success in tht, till now.
I not say that I m going to drop my CA, but yes, till its over..I have something in my hand.
So I plan to do smthng, which give me an edge to my Career.

Recently, I heard about SAP FICO, I dont know anythng about this,
but yes,
Now I want save my future, so I think to go for SAP FICO,
Can you Suggest me, whts good for me, as per my situatn..
From where, whts d duratn...each & evrythng.

Thank you so much for spending tym in reading my Repetitive Query.
KAMAL
CA FINAL

CA SHRINIVAS (CA, CS) (133 Points)
Replied 31 October 2012

Hi Sheli,

First of all thanks for such an amazing writeup and answers,it gave me lot of Information and also cleared the doubts I had in my mind,

Let me explain a bit about myself:

I am a CA, CS & 1 year of big4 experiance and currently thinking to do SAP FI, the main reason why I am planning to do the same is only on account of Monotonouswork in Big4 and too long working hours and the poor worklife balance,

and my querries are - 

1. Whether this imbalance will change after doing the SAP FI,

2. As you mentioned in one of your Post that there could be a Saturation point, but is it at earlier level or at the same level as normally CA in the industry.

3. When I look in the industry, I see many CAs are working like dog for the very small compensation,is the same continues in this field also?

4. Whether we work as CA or we also become an Engineer by work?

I hope you would reply on this soon.

Thanks in Advance.

CA Shrinivas Rathi

SSNarayana (Partner) (46 Points)
Replied 02 November 2012

Dear Sheli,

I am an ICWAI with several years of corporate experience. I am 45years old. I would like to switch my career to ERP. I would like to undergo training of SAP Fi module.

At this age is it advisable to do so. Is age going tobe a minus point in getting a job. 

Initially i would like to take training in SAP Fi module and get into a job and later go for certification. Does it work this way. 

Pl explain.

kvs

Akansha (Banker) (21 Points)
Replied 07 November 2012

Hi Sheli,

hope ur doin well..hey u r doing a wonderful job ...I am thru a huge dilemma  rite now, I am not able to take certain decision regarding SAP training. I have done MBA in finance and have six years of experience into financial sector ( 3 yrs in equity market and 3 years in bank). My queries are as follows:

1)  is my decision to switch my line from finance to SAP consultant is rite or not. And if I do so, then what about my 6 yrs if experience which is from non technical background , is my exp count at the time of getting into sap field.and in what particular  profile.

2) I spoke to many ppl who r currently in same field and they have suggested me many modules which suites me like.. saP FICO ....sap FSCM ....sap IS banking......so plz suggest me which would be better for which suites me requirements and exp both.

3) as authorized training centres are very expensive , so is it advisable to go into unauthorized training institutes and  what parameters should I keep in mind which searching the same. If u have any idea about decent institute in Bangalore  or any other place as I am searching for online training ,  plz suggest the same to me.

Thanks,

akansha.

shyamala (article clerk) (35 Points)
Replied 14 November 2012

plz provide me SAP FICO Interview Q&A thanx in advance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: