Easy Office
LCI Learning

S b a 2015

Page no : 13

CA ASHIT NATVERLAL DESAI (Chartered Accountants - Proprietor)   (129 Points)
Replied 30 March 2015

Still no news at 11:15 am from IOB

Consent lettter has already been given before 15 days.

Is it possible that after taking ocnsent allotment can not be given?

Pals (CA Practice ) (28 Points)
Replied 30 March 2015

Received appointment letter from IOB by hard copy @ 11 today..  thanks for Hareeshkumar and sathiyanarayana for their valuable moral support.

Pals (CA Practice ) (28 Points)
Replied 30 March 2015

No mail or phone confirmation from IOB.  Only hard copy of appointment letters. Despatched only yesterday. Wait..... appointment for 3 branches.

In the case  of Indian bank for continueing auditors, you may the call the C.O. accounts department (find out phone number in your previous audit file) , some people not received their mail.. they resend their appointment letter.

C.A. P. HAREESH KUMAR (PRACTICE) (375 Points)
Replied 01 April 2015

Best wishes to allour collegues

Hope  so many have commenced the Audit by now /  commencing today

All the best    Do a good job  

Replied 01 April 2015

As per Regional Office allotment has been done from IOB yet mail or Hard Copy is not received from H.O.

Can I start the Audit?

What about Soft Copy of LFAR & Every other thing?

No one pick up the phone at H.O - Chennai

If any body can help me out ?

Replied 01 April 2015

As per Regional Office allotment has been done from IOB yet mail or Hard Copy is not received from H.O.

Can I start the Audit?

What about Soft Copy of LFAR & Every other thing?

No one pick up the phone at H.O - Chennai

If any body can help me out ?

CA Puspendu Sarkar (Chartered Accountant) (47 Points)
Replied 01 April 2015

All friends are request to share your Bank Audit "point of objection" / experience.

So that it will  benefit of all members.

1 Like

SSG (1936 Points)
Replied 01 April 2015

In one OD Secured Loan case of Rs. 30 lacs, given to a a trading concern, DP is being calculated on the collateral security - property, and not on the stock and book debts. In the sanction letter, primary security is hypothecation of Stock and Debts and DP is to be calculated on collateral security - property. The property is the name of the mother of the applicant.

They have never submitted the stock statements and the actual sales are well below the projected sales in the CMA. Projected Sales for 2014-15 being 1.50 crores and actual sales till Feb. 2015 are 30 lacs.

Can this be a case for NPA?

SAURABH KASTURIWALE (PRACTISING C.A.) (160 Points)
Replied 02 April 2015

In my opinion one has to follow the Sanction letter in letter and spirit. Sanction letter is what is given to the borrower. Hence, if it says that DP to be fixed upon collateral security then we cannot insist on stock statements and DP as per primary security. However, it will be pertinent to check property valuations, disputes if any etc. Related to the collateral property. Thanks.
1 Like

SSG (1936 Points)
Replied 02 April 2015

Thanks Mr. Saurabh. But I have a different view. Since primary security is of book debts and stock, stock statements should be submitted with the bank.

Do any member have the RBI circular, where it is written that no introduction is required for opening of current and savings account?

SSG (1936 Points)
Replied 03 April 2015

Do SB Auditors have to do the Tax Audit this year? I couldn't find the Tax Audit Report in the list of reports/certificates to be submitted by the SBA?

SAURABH KASTURIWALE (PRACTISING C.A.) (160 Points)
Replied 04 April 2015

In the branch that I am auditing the figure of "Cash Balance with ATM" is a non-multiple of RS.100. To my knowledge And understanding this cannot happen? Kindly guide me and share your views. Another pernintent thing is that in the Balance sheet of March 2014 also there was a non 100 multiple balance in the item. Please give your views.

ASHISH (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (21 Points)
Replied 10 April 2015

I have a query...There is a cash credit account where borrower is only serving intrest, there are no buiness transaction during the year..Should the account be classified as npa..??

SSG (1936 Points)
Replied 10 April 2015

Mr. Ashish, it should be NPA.

An account should be treated as 'out of order',  where the outstanding balance in the principal operating account is less than the sanctioned limit/drawing power, but there are no credits continuously for 90 days as on the date of Balance Sheet or credits are not enough to cover the interest debited during the same period, these accounts should be treated as 'out of order'.

SSG (1936 Points)
Replied 12 April 2015

It is fine that borrower is serving the interest; but how DP is being calculated is to be seen. If there are no transactions, then it means no operations (sales). In this case, the debtors must be more than 90 days old (not allowed for calculating DP in most of the CC loans) and the value of stagnant stock, must also be depleting. So this account can be NPA.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: