Easy Office
LCI Learning

Revised service tax return

Page no : 2

Dinesh Verma ( CA FINALIST) (48 Points)
Replied 07 May 2012

@ CA PRABHAT GUPTA 

HELLO SIR, 

CAN WE FILE THE SERVICE TAX RETURN NOW FOR THE FY 2009-10 &2008-09.

ITS NIL RETURN,IF YES, THEN LET ME KNOW METHOD OF FILLING RETURN IT CAN BE MANUALLY OR ELECTRONIC(ONLINE).

THANKS & REGARDS.

Anil Kumar (Article clerk) (21 Points)
Replied 22 September 2014

can revised return of service tax be again revised if yes what is the time limit ??

MANIKANT (accountant) (21 Points)
Replied 15 October 2015

In the year 2013-14 for 2nd half, I have filled wrong service tax return. We have taken a proerty on rent and same property gave to other company on rent... so we are both "service provider & receiver" . But we did mistake while filling return.

We entered both details (receiver & provider) including rent, service tax , but department says we dont need to enter receiver details while filling service tax return. only need to mention service provided details. Now we are unable to revised the return, so request you please suggest what to do.

Thanks,

Mani

suman shrestha (ca) (22 Points)
Replied 22 January 2016

sasas

dd

sasa

suman shrestha (ca) (22 Points)
Replied 22 January 2016

sasas

dd

sasa

IS Kakar (B.Com) (109 Points)
Replied 17 August 2017

Originally posted by : CA Prabhat Gupta

Dear Sharma ji,

I have just presented my opinion on the basis of experience gained by me in the field I work. I had worked in the department and had conducted several Excise & Servie Tax Audits, where such cases were common. Though a long time has passed since the Servie Tax was introduced, not all assessees are familiar with the provisions contained in act. Financial constraints are always there which decide what system is followed to promptly discover ommissions done in past.

If you go through my reply I am also of the opinion that revised return cannot be filed after the expiry of the prescribed. But where the assessee voluntarily deposits the tax short paid, under intimation to the department, there is a chance to avoid penalty.

Dear Sir

How to revise a revised service tax return, because system excepts revised return only once.

GAR 7 challan no. entered was incorrect for amount Rs 1/-

Please guide

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: