Easy Office
Easy Office

Revised return after intimation u/s 143(1)

Page no : 2

Ruchika chauhan (not available) (31 Points)
Replied 13 April 2012

The return u/s 139(1) can be revised if the demand arised u/s 143(1) after the expiry of next assessment.

Rajee (AGM) (21 Points)
Replied 16 April 2012

Can members please guide me? I filed my IT return electronically for AY 2009-10. The mistake I made was that I entered my gross salary into the GTI field instead of the correct lower figure into the ITR 1 form. As a result, my calculated tax payable is more than what I entered into the tax payable field.

Unfortunately that year's Excel sheet (ITR1) did not have the check and control of auto-calculating the tax payable. I have not got a IT demand notice to pay the balance tax due to this simple arithmetical error. I tried to file a rectification request u/s154 but that has been rejected saying that ' this is not a mistake apparent from the record'. I cannot file a revised return either as the time limit has expired!

Please guide me if there is any way out. To summarize, there is a single Form 16 & I have no other income at all. It was simply a error on my part.

Thank you,

Reshmi (Engineer) (25 Points)
Replied 25 June 2013

Hi 

Is there is any provision to file a revised return after the due date? 

I want to file revised return for 2010-2011 assessment year. te due dateis mentioned as 31st March 2013. Can i still do it online? if not is there any provision to do it manually?

C.A. Jignesh N. Mehta (C.A.) (1030 Points)
Replied 02 July 2013

Originally posted by : g.srikanth
Hi

we want to file private limited company returns from A.Y.2008-09 onwards now, but while filing the returns now it showing as due date exceed. so please tell how to filing returns of private limited company in online if any possibility there

Thanks & Regards
Srikanth

Try to file return by selecting in response to section 142(1) / 153

Hope you can upload the returns.

But this will not help your cause as technically as per Income Tax Act it will be a return out of time.

Replied 02 July 2013

Originally posted by : Rajee

Can members please guide me? I filed my IT return electronically for AY 2009-10. The mistake I made was that I entered my gross salary into the GTI field instead of the correct lower figure into the ITR 1 form. As a result, my calculated tax payable is more than what I entered into the tax payable field.

Unfortunately that year's Excel sheet (ITR1) did not have the check and control of auto-calculating the tax payable. I have not got a IT demand notice to pay the balance tax due to this simple arithmetical error. I tried to file a rectification request u/s154 but that has been rejected saying that ' this is not a mistake apparent from the record'. I cannot file a revised return either as the time limit has expired!

Please guide me if there is any way out. To summarize, there is a single Form 16 & I have no other income at all. It was simply a error on my part.

Thank you,

You need to visit local Income Tax Officer and get the rectification done.

But for this you need to provide your supporting documents and computation.

This is the only option open for you.

Hope you get the demand rectified.

Replied 02 July 2013

Originally posted by : Reshmi

Hi 

Is there is any provision to file a revised return after the due date? 

I want to file revised return for 2010-2011 assessment year. te due dateis mentioned as 31st March 2013. Can i still do it online? if not is there any provision to do it manually?

As per rule , you cannot file revised return. you are outside time limit allowed.

Only option is to file return u/s 142(1) online if you want or you can get the revision done from local income tax officer which seems to be the best options.

Hope you can get the revised return done from your local officer. The best option as per me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: