Resignation letters

Guddi (employee) (769 Points)

20 September 2010  

Classic Letter

Dear [Recipient's name]:

This letter is to formally announce my resignation from [company name], starting today. My last day will be [two weeks from today].

It has been a pleasure to work for [company name]. Please let me know how I can help to make a smooth transition during my remaining time here.

Regards,

[Your Signature]

Grateful Letter

Dear [Recipient's name]:

Thank you for the opportunity to work at [company name]. I have learned a lot during my time here. I truly appreciate your guidance and friendship during my time employed.

However, the time has come for me to move on. This letter is to formally announce my resignation from [company name], starting today. My last day will be [two weeks from today].

Please let me know what I can do to make my final time here a productive experience.

Regards,

[Your Signature]

Counter Offer Letter (Risky Strategy)

Dear [Recipient's name]:

This letter is to formally announce my resignation from [company name], starting today. My last day will be [two weeks from today].

I have not accepted a job with another company as of yet. My decision is based on the uncertainty of the future of my career at [company name]. I have tried to discuss my career advancement in the past, with no real results.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss with you a possible career future, assuming you are interested in keeping me employed with your company.

Regards,

[Your Signature]

Final Decision Letter

Dear [Recipient's name]:

As much as I would like to re-assess my current situation here at [company name], I have already accepted another position with another company, so my decision is final.

Thank you for the opportunity to grow my career.

Regards,

[Your Signature]

Different Career Letter

Dear [Recipient's name]:

After much thought, and serious discussions with friends and family, I have decided to pursue a different career.

Therefore, this letter is to announce my resignation with [company name], starting today. My last day will be [two weeks from today].

My decision to pursue a different career holds no relation to my experiences here at [company name]. I thoroughly
enjoyed my time employed here, and would recommend the experience to anyone looking for a fair and rewarding job.

Please let me know what I can do to make my final time here a productive experience.

Regards,

[Your Signature]

I Hate This Job, And You! Letter
(Not recommended!)

Dear [Recipient's name]:

Yesterday I woke up and realized that this is the worst career experience I've ever had. Therefore, I'm officially notifying you of my resignation from [company name]. My last day will be today.

This company has many problems. [insert problems here]

On top of that, I can't stand to work for you any longer. You, alone, have been a constant source of pain and suffering for me ever since I started this job. I can't understand how you made it this far in the professional community.

Today is a great day for me. I will never have to see, hear or listen to you ever again. Goodbye, and good-riddance!

Warmest Regards,

[Your Signature]

Sarcastic
(Not recommended!)

Dear [Recipient's name]:

It's extremely hard for me to do what I must do today. My experience with you and this company has been so fulfilling and joyful that I almost cried when I realized I had to move on to a different career opportunity.

This letter is to officially notify you of my resignation from [company name]. My last day will be today.

I hate to leave. You have been such a mentor to me. Your guidance and friendship have made me regard you as another parent, of which I love so much. Hopefully we can still stay in touch. Maybe even get together for a barbeque this summer.

Again, my dear friend, thanks so much for allowing me to know such a well-adjusted and intelligent person such as yourself.

Let's get together for lunch soon,

[Your Signature]

Resign Like President Nixon

View Actual Letter

Dear [Recipient's name]:

I hereby resign my position as [your title].

Sincerely,

[Your Signature]