Reputation of a newly qualified ca

raunak (CA) (369 Points)

04 December 2012  

Dear Friends I would like to attract your attention to a very controversial topic and a very popular topic among all.
"REPUTATION OF A NEWLY QUALIFIED CA"..

You all must have heard from some friends or the other.."yaar mere ek friend ne 10000 me naukri join ki..usne ek attempt me clear kia tha...." or "yaar mere friend k friend ne ek saal pehle CA complete ki thi..ussey abhi tak job nahi mili".....

Even i have heard all these...I wont say that these are rumours..Infact 95% of the cases are true. Infact a Ca joined my uncles CA firm for 15000 because he wasnt getting any job.

Now lets Introspect the positives and negatives of being a newly qualified CA.

Negatives:

• no guarantee of getting a job that too of your choice. If u hate auditing..u might end up getting a job as an internal/statutory auditor.
  • no guarantee of a good pay. As mentioned above..people are joining at low packages.
  • no guarantee of job satisfaction
  • a pathetic feeling may crop up inside you "yaar 4 saal mehnat kiye sirf itne rupyo k liye?"
  • you have to constantly update yourself.
  • even after working so hard u will get to hear frm the society "yaar aajkal to sab CA ban rahe hain." even if they dont knw what it takes to clear CA final exams.

Positives:

• No matter 10000 Cas qualify each year. If you are in a company you will definitely will be given respect. i work in a mfg company. I get much more package than the other accountants who are not CAs. They have much more practical knowledge than me..but still I get more salary even being a fresher only coz am a CA.
    employees who are even above 30 yrs of age will call u "sir".
  • After getting quality work experience..there is no limit for a CA(work wise and remuneration wise). You can join anywhere be it an investement company,mfg company,big 4s....everywhere experienced CAs are demanded.
  • Society will still see u as a financial doctor and a tax expert even if u dont remember half of the provisions.cheeky

i know I have written more of negatives than positives. And its true that currently there are more of negatives for a newly qualified CAs than Positives..but if u apply weights to both...positives will weigh much more. Believe me guys you just have to take experience for 1-2 years. Update yourself regularly. Be an expert in Microsoft Excel. This is a tough phase for all the professions...I have seen so many of my engineers friends getting package below 20k.and they dnt even have the growth in future..Problem sab k saath hai...sirf humare saath nahi..My general manager is a Ca and he has told me only one thing "raunak mainse sirf CA kia hai...aur koi degree nahi li....degree ki list badhane se zada acha knowledge badhao..thats the key for success".....and i find it very true....

[FOR ALL THOSE THINK AM A GEEK OR PADHAKU OR GYAANI.....PLS NOTE...I USED TO HATE CA COURSE LIKE HELL TILL I CLEARD IT.I USED TO HATE STUDIES...BUT AFTER GETTING INTO THE PRACTICAL FIELD I REALIZED I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY UPDATE MYSELF....KOI FOKAT ME PAISE NAHI DEGA....IF U WANA EARN 50K-100K PER MONTH....U HAVE TO REACH THAT POTENTIAL..].....BEST OF LUCK TO ALL.smileyyes