Reply from institute- reduction of articleship period

Rider ride (CA Final) (180 Points)

17 May 2010  

Institute launched E-Sahayataa and i posted the grievance regarding reduction of  articleship of PCC students. here is my correspondence with institute-----

Respected sir/madam
The Institute had constituted a study group in July, 2009 vide announcement https://icai.org/post.html?post_id=4691&c_id=219 .
But still after 10 months there is no decision taken by members of the group.
This issue is severe because of hardships faced by PCC students since they have to go extra 6 months of training and as a result attempt for Final course is also delayed as compared to IPCC.

I have written to a no. of officials of ICAI but all in vain.
I hope this initiative e-sahayata will solve this problem.

Reply from Institute-

Please contact  BOS , noida on this issue.

I reopened that query and posted a new grievance---

Respected Sir/ madam

This is to reference to Complaint no. 00520105375AH dated 13 May ,2010.
And as a solution I am asked to contact Board of Studies, Noida.

Hereby I want to say that , the esteemed officer resolving the query should understand that i have already tried to contact BOS thru e-mails etc. but all in vain.

Also i would appeal that this mode of "e-sahayataa" should not be used as a tool to pass on the responsibility and answerability.

It is duty of Officer who is resolving the query to contact BOS and enquire that why such study groups constituted by ICAI take almost a year to declare there decision.

I request to take up this issue seriously and give a firm reply.

Thanks

Reply from Institute-----

Dear Student, Your dis-satisfaction is understandable. But at the same time, you will also appreciate that the eligibility requirements are a part of the regulatory framework and to make changes requires time and they just cannot be changed. Further, the CPT pass students joining PCC and then coming to Final are already at advantageous position, viz-a-viz., other PE-I/PE-II students. The Institute is duty bound to see that justice is done to all students and near parity/uniformity is provided to all different category of students to the extend possible in case of revision in course structure. This is a very tedious process and requires lot of deliberations. That's the reason the Study Group has not been able to take either view. As things stand today, you are advised to continue your studies and exam preparations as per present set of regulations, i.e., in other words, you will be able to write Final examination after 31/2 years of articles.