EASYOFFICE

Repayment of loan from director...help pls

Page no : 2

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21627 Points)
Replied 24 February 2012

Thanks Suraag ....

P C Agrawal (Registered independent director Past Chairman of Aurangabad Chapter of ICSI Practicing Company Secretary at Aurangabad)   (8229 Points)
Replied 24 February 2012

Friends, sorry to interrupt.  Company must have passed Board resolution at the time of taking loan from the director and the terms & conditions of the loan (including repayment period) must have been mentioned in the resolution.  If that is so, where is the question of passing resolution again at the time of repayment?

Section 68 of IT Act kaise picture mein aiya hai, pata nahin.  Agar cheque se officially loan liya hai, aur cheque se repay kar rahe hain, to bhi Section 68 lagega to jina muskil ho jayega.

Replied 24 February 2012

@ agrwal pc.....

rightly said Sir ...

Section 68 of IT Act kaise picture mein aiya hai, pata nahin.  Agar cheque se officially loan liya hai, aur cheque se repay kar rahe hain, to bhi Section 68 lagega to jina muskil ho jayega.

Ye section 68 m us situation ke liye keh rhi h ...when Miss Neha n Mr Ankur 

are saying ki resolution pass karne ki need ni h. No need to record minutes as well .......

Then Income tax officer has a right to ask ..." from where this money came from ...agar uska kuch record hi ni h to ... "

Section 68 is for unexplained money na ...jab explain ho jayegi situation to obviously Income tax officer ka koi role ni h. You are right in that context.

But just tell me na ....

This q is for Mr.Ankur n Miss Neha .....

"How can not company pass a resolution in the given case ?" How can the same be at wish of company to record or not ????????

CS Aditya Agrawal (PCS) (110 Points)
Replied 25 February 2012

I think section 68 has no reference with originally asked question and as far as requirement of BR is concerned, i fully agree with Mr. Ankur Garg and Ms. Neha Jain.

Best Regards

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 25 February 2012

Importance of minutes in court of law as evidence

Board and General meeting minutes kept in accordance with the provisions of section 193, shall be an evidence of the proceedings recorded therein. In the event of any legal proceeding, it will be accepted as evidence, and the burden of disproving them will be upon the person who is contesting their accuracy.

In C.R. Priyachandrakumar v Puraswalkam Permanent Fund Ltd., it was held that if company is properly recording and maintaining the minutes which contain a resolution relating to appointment of a director and further if shareholders challenge the validity of the appointment, burden would be upon the shareholders that the appointment was not valid. The court would start with the presumption that the minutes constitute prima facie evidence of the proceedings recorded therein.

It was further decided that where the minutes of the proceedings of any general meeting of a company or the meeting of the Board of directors or a committee of directors have been prepared and signed in accordance with the provision of section 193, then, until contrary is proved, the meeting will be considered to have been duly called and held and proceedings properly conducted and all appointments of directors or liquidators validly made. If the minutes are not recorded or signed within the prescribed period then, it is not properly kept and it will not be receivable in evidence.

Considering the evidentiary value of minutes in the court of law it may be concluded that only relevant matters should be covered in minutes read with section 193(5). Maintaining minutes in the most authentic manner is the responsibility of company management. Minutes cannot be prepared as per the wish of Income tax or any other department.

As per my personal experience of handling day to day work strict internal control and responsible/transparent accounting from accounts department is enough to satisfy monetary transaction of director with the company and no department will ask you to show minutes for every transaction.

However if there is a lack of good internal control, then I would advise you to cover every activity or transaction in minutes.devil

It is not about wish of the company to record and not to record things in board minutes. Only the board meeting agenda items are part of board minutes. But repayment of loan taken from director cannot prima facie be considered as an agenda item. Likewise all the transaction related to debtors and creditors are not a part of board minutes. However a company is free to record things in its minutes.

It is mentioned that Section 68 is for unexplained money. But I do not understand one thing----kya minutes main recording sa money explain ho jayga??? If monetary transaction of company and director are false then mere recording in minutes are of no use as far as investigation of income tax department is concerned.

As mentioned earlier:

Board and General meeting minutes kept in accordance with the provisions of section 193, shall be an evidence of the proceedings recorded therein. This does not mean, however, that such minutes are conclusive evidence of the proceedings and cannot be brought into question. It is open to the opposite party to dispute the accuracy of minutes where minutes were shown to have been written up fraudulently.

Regards

4 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ankur Garg

Considering the evidentiary value of minutes in the court of law it may be concluded that only relevant matters should be covered in minutes read with section 193(5).

However if there is a lack of good internal control, then I would advise you to cover every activity or transaction in minutes.

Only the board meeting agenda items are part of board minutes. But repayment of loan taken from director cannot prima facie be considered as an agenda item.

Very nicely explained ankur.... keep it up!!

prakash (Company Secretary) (1352 Points)
Replied 25 February 2012

I agree with Neha Jain and Ankur.

Replied 25 February 2012

Section 193. Minutes of proceedings of general meetings and of Board and other meetings

• Every company shall cause minutes of all proceedings of every meeting

• Each page of every such book shall be initialled or signed

• minutes of proceedings of a general meeting, by the chairman of the same meeting within the aforesaid period of [thirty] days either by the same chairman of the meeting or the next chairman of succeeding meeting.

• The minutes of each meeting shall contain a fair and correct summary

• Minutes are considered as evidence of the meeting.

• Minutes are available for inspection of members.

Section 68 is for unexplained money. But I do not understand one thing----kya minutes main recording sa money explain ho jayga???

The minutes of meeting kept in accordance with the above provi­sions are prima facie evidence of the proceedings recorded therein (Sec. 194)

minutes once made and signed by the Chairman cannot be altered or corrected (Re Cawley & Co.). If any correction is necessary another resolution must be passed.

Further, only directors and auditors are entitled to inspect the minutes of Board meetings.

The auditors have a statutory right of access to the minutes of Board meetings.

If such resolution has passed , then obviously auditor has a right to ask why such is not recorded in the meeting ??????

company should contain record every resolutions passed thereto.

1 Like

Replied 25 February 2012

And about the authenticity .....

Sir  I just wanna give u an example ......

" If a person cheats in the exams and the teacher couln't trace that he cheated and accepts his sheet without any doubt and doesn't write anything over the sheet....

To examiner ko to khwab ni aa sakta na ki us student ne cheating ki hai "

To uske baad to us student par cheating ka koi accusation nahi laga sakta na ..............

Practical life is too different then the book and procedures . Filmo wala dialogue kafi true lag rha h .....

"aap tab tak honest ho, jab tak aapki beimani pakdi nahi jaati "

Or Aap is waqt mere se ye hi baat keh rahe ho.............Ab m apko is baat ka kya jawab du. AAp mere se bade or jyada samjhdar ho.  Ab aap khud hi iska ans socho .... kyuki ye question  hi unanswered hai na .........................

(Guest)
Does this mean by writing in minutes we can make or convert black money into white money and auditor should not intervene about the source of money which is the prima facie benchmark of unexplained money. Regards

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 25 February 2012

OK Ji..I Surrender....indecision

(Guest)
But ankur jee your observation and explanation is right and 100% accurate, whether you surrender or not is irrelevant and superfluous.....

Replied 25 February 2012

And now the next thing about director thing ......

Director is a member of the company. Kal ko company wound up ho gayi ,uske loan dene ke baad ........

Aap keh rahe ho ...

As per my understanding there is no need to pass any specific resolution for repayment of Loan to director.

thik hai ji ..... Ab isi baat ko proceed karte hai .... company ne koi resolution pass hi nahi kiya ..and company got wound up. director ne bina resolution pass hue loan de diya ...as per ur saying ki ji resolution pass karne ki koi need nahi h. Director and board ne apki baat man li...thik hai ji. now .....

kal ko member , creditor , preferential creditor to sidhe sidhe kahenge .......

ki ji " ABC is director of company , he is member .......hume kya pata ki usne loan diya ya apna contribution diya ?? koi resolution to pass hai hi nahi ......."

Ab aap khud socho ...... 

Director pagal h ... jo wo apne liye koi security nahi rakhega ?

Replied 25 February 2012

Originally posted by : Ankur Garg

OK Ji..I Surrender....

Sorry Sir ....Surrender karne wale koi baat nahi h.. I am a student and  not a proffessional and shayad extra cautious thi because of this incident ...

A req to all seniors

I just want to clear my concepts.

To aapko hurt karne ya sad karne ka koi intention nahi tha. In case  I did even by mistake ......

Then I am really sorry.crying

1 Like

Replied 25 February 2012

Originally posted by : Neha Jain
Does this mean by writing in minutes we can make or convert black money into white money and auditor should not intervene about the source of money which is the prima facie benchmark of unexplained money. Regards

Dear Neha ... I had given ur Board meeting resolution can be seen only by auditor and directors of the company. As they relates to the proceeding of the company ....

So obviously an auditor will check the supporting documents and vouchers.  If auditor founds any thing wrong ...

he will simply record the same in his audit report

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: