Regitration for part ix conversio

MUKESH (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (17 Points)

14 June 2012  

Dear All,

I have coverted a Partnership firm into a Private Limited Company under Part IX conversion of companies act. My queries are:

1. Do I have to take a New Registration for VAT

2. How the transactions will be treated for the period from the date of coversion to the date of obtaining licence in the name of the company.

3.  Normal time to get the Private Limited company registered with VAT Dept and Excise Dept. is 10-15 Days. And the firm  ceased to exit from the date of conversion, then do I have to stop all my activities till the time I get new registration.

4. since part IX conversion is the facility to convert the firm into a company as a on going concern, then if new registration why, and if old continues then the difference in the turnover reported in the books and the VAT Dept. B coz the books of the firm will be closed on the day of conversion and the IT return will be filed for the period ( For e.g from 1-4-2012 to 13-06-2012) and for the period from date of conversion it will be in the IT returmn of the company.

These are the practical difficulties I am facing. If any body has solution, plaese help me in this regard. This is the problem to me both for VAT and Excise.

Thanks in anticipation

Regards