Registration got Cancelled........ Help me....!!

CA.Vaibhavi (Practicing Chartered Accountant)   (92 Points)

28 December 2007  

Can anybody HELP ME in this Regard.................... :-)

I have Completed PE2 last Nov 2006, but got registered for Final on Oct 31st under the old scheme (which was the last date for registration under the old scheme).

The registration got cancelled, because there was no vacancy under the CA with whom i got registered. So I am asked to do afresh registration by ICAI under another eligible CA..

The question is can I get the fresh registration done for the same date i.e., Oct 31st., with another CA of the same firm where I am working now.

The confusion is 2 of my other friends also went through the same problem, and they were not able to get registered for the same date, they were told to get registered from the later date (the date after the cancellation of registration) from ICAI Chennai, because its a fresh registration, under a different CA, though they will be continuing in the same firm... But in their case they remained in the same scheme and there was no delay in exams as the fresh registration got done before the last date.

My problem is if I am not allowed to get registered on 31st Oct, I have to compulsorily get shifted to new scheme and will be late by 1 year (6 months in terms of date, because registration date will be after Oct31st... and 6 months in terms of new scheme, because in new scheme your 1st attempt will be after the completion of two and half years of articleship.)

And also there is difference in fees too. In old scheme its Rs. 4600 (which i have paid and got the receipt too) In the new scheme its Rs. 10000 & If i am not allowed to get the fresh registration done for the same date(Oct 31st) how do I proceed with the difference in fees. Or is there any provision to pay a late fee for getting registered (for cancelled registration) to remain with the same date.

As I would like to give up my CA finals at the earliest (If by god's grace I remain in the Old scheme, my first attempt will be Nov 2009 or else it will be Nov 2010(as explained earlier)). So friends please solve my confusions. I really wish to remain in old scheme and give my finals in 2009.

Thanking you in advance,J

Regards,

Vaibhavi.K

Wish u all Happy new Year in advance