Rediffmail-Be careful

CA. C V SURYAM (Practising Chartered Accountant)   (865 Points)

25 November 2008  

Dear Co-CA Clubindians,  here is one caution which all have to bear in mind those who are using rediffmail.  This is with my practical experience narrated as follows.  I could not access today morning my mail account and also with another rediffmail IDs which I use frequently.  The message displayed was login failed and password is incorrect.  I tried to retrieve password for all IDs but even the hint answer was also shown as wrong for all IDs.  Resulting my account was blocked.  After about 5 hours, I tried once again and surprisingly, I could log-in with same ID (all IDs) and password.  All the information is intact in my account.  I could not understand why it has happened and who had intruded into my account without my knowledge and accord ?  I verified with others too who could login rediffmail with their IDs today inclduing through my PC.  OK, let me pacify myself that there might be problem with the server where my ID exists.  This is not the end.  In another incident, way back 4 months ago, though I could login with my rediffmail ID (same ID) but found all the contact details in address book were vanished and I had to restore once again manually.

If anyone had similar experience either today (25.11.2008) or at any time in past, may please share your experience here so as to be precautious by other co-members too.  Thanks.