Real Crazy Leave Applications, Must Read

Bharath (C.A,C.S) (3983 Points)

18 May 2011  

Reason of Leave Application

Infosys, Bangalore : An employee applied for leave as follows: 

"Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife, please sanction me one-week leave.

· Another gem from CDAC. Leave-letter from an employee who was performing his daughter's wedding: 

"as I am marrying my daughter, please grant a week's leave.." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

· From H.A.L. Administration Dept: 

"As my mother-in-law has expired and I am only one responsible for it, please grant me 10 days leave." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

· An incident of a leave letter: 

"I am suffering from fever, please declare one-day holiday." 

· A leave letter to the headmaster: 

"As I am studying in this school I am suffering from headache. I request you to leave me today" 

· Another leave letter written to the headmaster: 

"As my headache is paining, please grant me leave for the day." 

· Covering note: 

"I am enclosed herewith..." 

· Another one: 

"Dear Sir: with reference to the above, please refer to THE below..." 

· Actual letter written for application of leave: 

"My wife is suffering from sickness and as I am her only husband at home I may be granted leave". 

· Letter writing:- 

"I am well here and hope you are also in the same well." 

---------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------

· A candidate's job application: 

"This has reference to your advertisement calling for a ' Typist and an Accountant - Male or Female'... As I am both(!! )for the past several years and I can handle both with good experience, I am applying for
the post.;)