Question on Purchase of time deposits (SFT-005)

Madangopal Tayade (8 Points)

26 December 2023  

Hi experts,

I am not a tax payer (I have FD's and joint account whether we have received my wife retirement fund) but I have 1st time received mail from income tax related to income compliance e-Campaign - Non-Filers for AY 2023-24 like you do not appear to have filed Income Tax Return for Assessment Year 2023-24 (relating to FY 2022-23).

Some significant information available with the Income Tax Department includes the following: Purchase of time deposits - Rs 31,50,000.

The objective of this campaign is to validate above information and promote voluntary compliance. (Please find 1st image to refer)

So I have registered on e-filing and I went through AIS pdf and noticed interest from saving, intrest from deposit and purchase of the deposits section with some amount. (Please find 2nd image in pdf to refer)

Can anyone please tell me do I need to filed income tax return and for which amount amount. And what is gross amount received from the person and gross amount paid to the person as it is showing 31,50,000 do I need to pay tax for this amount.

Please help me to understand this.