Question on double taxation

If I have shifted to Singapore in Nov'17 for two years in Singapore IBM payroll and before that I have worked in IBM India payroll, so do I need to pay tax for what I have earned from Nov'17 to Mar'18 from IBM Singapore to the Indian government since I will already be paying tax to Singapore government.

Replies (3)

You are 'Resident and Ordinary Resident' for AY 2018-19, as per IT act...... (more than 182 days stay in India)

So, all your global income is taxable in India, subject to DTAA between India & Singapore...

Since it's a double taxation, and I need to pay tax to Indian government, so when can I claim a refund for tax that I will be paying to Indian government.

Tax liability may arise at the time of filing return, after availing benefit under Article 15 of tax treaty under DTAA

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details