Query

kckinn (CA) (759 Points)

12 November 2008  

Hello Friends,

Sorry for posting the question from a diff user a/c coz I was getting weird errors in that a/c and no reply box was appearing at the bottom for others to reply.

I have completed my B.Com 2nd year examinations. I am interested in pursuing CA but before that I would like to understand the examination and articleship fundas associated with it. I have not written/enrolled for any of the CA examinations till date.

I tried to go through the website of ICAI to understand the way it is to be done, but couldnt understand it clearly. What I could make out was that one needs to enroll for a CPT exam after passing class 10 and appear the exam on completion of class 12. After than one has to undergo PCC which comprises of an examination, articleship (15months) and ITT training. And than one has to join for the final course and appear for the exam on completiong of 3 and half years of Articleship.

-Please correct me If I am wrong in anything mentioned above ? Now I am in the 3rd year of my B.COM, am i eligible to apply for the examinations. If yes than I would have to appear for CPT right ? When can i write that exam ? The next thing would be to appear for PCE examination after completing 18 months of articleship and ITT. In my case when can that be done ? Now it is mentioned that one needs to undergo 3 and half years of practical training before appearing for the final examination. Now is the 18 month Articleship done before appearing from PCE examination included in that. Or do we have to do another 3 and half year after PCE ?

Please Help !

Thanks