LCI Learning

Querry regarding Work Contract

Page no : 2
(Guest)
Originally posted by :Shubhangi
"

Dear All,

I have querries regarding WCT.

I want to know  the due date for filing WCT return  to the department. And also when the payment of WCT is to be made to the department.

Secondly i would like to know about the new service of WORKS CONTRACT which is introduced from 1st June 2007,

-   What is the difference between WORKS CONTRACT service and Errection Commissioning &  Installation service & Construction Service.

-   As per the composition scheme will the contractor have to intimate to the department for each contract under composition scheme or can he give a declaration for the same.

-   According to me composition scheme is beneficial as less service tax will hav to be paid.It is only when service element in the gross amount charged is lee than 16.67 % then only we will have to pay more service tax in composition scheme as compared to service tax paid on only service element of the contract. so what steps should be taken? We are manufacturing company.

-   Can the service receiver i.e our company avail the benefit of Cenvat credit for the amount of Service tax paid as per composition scheme because restriction to avail credit is on the service provider & not the service receiver.

With regards,
Shubhangi

"

deepak (accountant) (22 Points)
Replied 08 April 2009

respeted sir, i want to know that is service tax is chargeble on works contract service, regarding work done for dmrc

KRISHNAN (CA-IPC) (57 Points)
Replied 17 July 2009

Dear Members,

Please tell me what is due date filing of WCT Return by which form for the State of Tamilnadu???

Thz

CA Prasanth Viswanadh (accounts) (66 Points)
Replied 28 December 2009

what is the return form in case of Andhra Pradesh. Whether it falls under service tax or sales tax ?

pls clarify

ASHIK R.SHAH (Article Trainee) (21 Points)
Replied 13 April 2010

who is responsible to remit the works contract tax??

Sony ( ) (48 Points)
Replied 05 December 2011

Originally posted by : Guest
what is due date for wct return in maharashtra & pymnt date for teh same? is there any difference between the wct service & construction servicfe in respect of the repairs to the building

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: