Quantity Purchase and Sales

Dear Sir

My Query is tht , I purchase 1 box of medicine I'm which I hv 10 strips of 10 nos each total in the box is 100

So in the purchase bill it's is accounted as 1box

but I sell it as 1strip.. How shd I account in tally. Is this correct . Pls advise.
Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses a common accounting query regarding the purchase of medicine in boxes and its sale in individual strips. The advice given is to set up the stock item name carefully and account for it in the unit of strips, as this is how it's sold. This method offers better stock control. Consulting your software support is also recommended for specific Tally guidance.

First decide Stock item name. It is very much important. Then account it in number of strips as you are selling in pieces. This will give u better control on stock.

Also for further enquiry you can mail us at aakash.aca @ gmail.com

Follow unit of measure.
It's better to consult with your software support .

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details