Profession tax enrollment for independent consultant

Hi.

I am an Independent Software Consultant. My client at the moment is a US based company. They send my consulting fee monthly as a US$ remittance into my savings account. I work over the internet so I'm not doing any physical/sizeable export/import.

This is my first year as a self-employed professional, and I wonder that do I need to enroll for (and pay) Profession Tax (Maharashtra). I work as an individual and I have nothing like a "Sole proprietorship" registration.
If yes, then does a profession tax enrollment require any address proof? I ask this because I share an apartment with a friend and work there only, and this place has rent agreement in the name of my friend. So I'll have nothing to present as a local address proof. (I'm natively from another state where profession tax is not charged).

Thanks in advance

Replies (1)

Hello Sir,

I have a queation in my mind that if an employee takes 2 days leave in a month and the his employer has paid for 28days salary (Month contains 30 days assume) then professional tax deducted on 28 days salary or gross salary??

 

Please assist me.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details